Aug 16,2010
By: 'Reading Tenant'
Aug 16,2010
0 people found
this helpful
We have rented the place around 4 years and paid rent on time & settled the bills. The boiler was a problem all the 4 year period & no proper windows/doors etc, flooring not good at all (vibration even if we walk), cheap quality carpet (almost like a sack).

But even then, before vacating we cleaned the house with very good condition. Only there is a small iron mark (4 inch) on one of the room and not completely burned, just turned the color.

For this, he is refused to pay back our deposit and he wants to replace the entire carpet.

The boiler was not completely working at all for the last 2 months and he was not servicing. That is the reason I gave the notice to vacate the house.

Is there is a any way to put him in court and ask for compenstation providing poor quality house & get my deposit back as well.

Anyone suggestion is appreciated.
Was this helpful? Yes

Agent Response / Add a Comment

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review.

Martin & Co

21 Whitley Street Reading

01189 312179

Opening hours

Find the Best Agent to
Sell or Rent Your Home