Jul 15,2013
Jul 15,2013
I don't normally write reviews, but in the case of Homelife Lettings I feel compelled to. As a university student, I have just spent one year in a house in the Portswood area of Southampton. Whilst I agree it was our decision to move in there, I certainly wished we hadn't. There was mould in the corners of rooms, the furniture was decrepit, beds and wardrobes fell apart, and the entire kitchen was outdated. All the dials on the cooker fell off, the garden was nonexistent and resembled something out the Victorian slums and the whole house generally stank of old. The shower box (something out of the 1980's) exploded in one of our housemates face, and despite numerous calls for it to be repaired, it took them absolutely ages to do. This is because they rarely ever phone back; the tenant is always expected to push the matter at Homelife Lettings. Generally though, kudos to the Italian handy man who was constantly being called to our house to fix a never ending list of problems. He always did a good job.

However, that's not all. Despite charging you high agent fees before you move in, they will also do everything possible not to give your deposit back to you once you have left. They even have a member of staff acting as an ¢â‚¬Ëœofficial negotiator' to extract this money from you - how sad. To combat this, take pictures of everything when you move in order to avoid being ripped off by their extortionate and nonsensical fault fees founded on absolutely no truth. Even better, don't go with them at all. Believe me, you'll get more for your money elsewhere.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Homelife Lettings Office 1! To leave a new review of Homelife Lettings Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Homelife Lettings Office 1