Jul 14,2013
Jul 14,2013
Having commissioned Bassetts to find me a tenant who was not on benefits I was delighted when they told me they had a tenant waiting on their books who was on maternity leave (infer working) I was dismayed to find out that they had placed the tenant and her partner and 2 year old daughter in my property for three days before I could check employment history, fianacial references and guarantor details and three days before I signed the Shorthold tenancy Agreement. It turns out the employment details were never given to me, the proof of occupation was an invoice for a job dropping off scrap metal (with no names on it) and the contact details of the guarantor are still not supplied - I\'ve not been paid rent for two months and Bassetts keep palming me off with your info is at head office - does it take a week to get a file out? Having met the manager last week this is the third time I\'ve had to call to chase them up on their progress. It seems to me they are interested in getting the £540 off a landlord but not interested in doing anything for that money.

I may as well stuck an advert on the window of my house to find a tenant. Bassetts staff are rude and impolite , I\'m now having to go to head office and trading standards as I\'m not sure Bassetts in Hounslow are competent enough to deal with the seriousness of this complaint. At present I have no choice but to warn people off from using this agency when there\'s plenty of choice in Hounslow.

PS when the sales team at this branch dealt with the sale of my partner\'s house 2-3 years ago, they lost the keys and wouldn\'t pay for the locks to be changed, it took a call to head office to get £100 towards this cost!

IN A NUT SHELL IF YOU ARE A LANDLORD I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO AVOID BASSETTS WITH A AND IF YOU WANT YOUR PROPERTY TO BE LOOKED AFTER AND RENTED TRY ANOTHER AGENT.
By: Bassetts
Jan 16, 2014
Dear Sir/ Madam,

We have no record of you as a landlord here. We have never worked with you. We are aware of what your intentions are and of what you are trying to do here by writing these reviews. As a fellow estate agent it is a shame that you resort to this in a poor attempt to banish competition in Hounslow. Unfortunately for you, it is not working. Our clients remain to be very happy with our service and we will continue to keep our clients very satisfied.

This case has been registered with the police as all reviews featured here seem to use common language and a common theme - along with your malicious emails, letters, phone calls, threatening staff of Bassetts. The police have been investigating this and this is all being used to build our case.

Kind Regards