Jul 10,2013
Jul 10,2013
From viewing the property through to leaving the property we had nothing but issues with this estate agent. When we had applied for the house we didn\'t find out whether we had been accepted or not until 2 days before our move in date, even after having chased them for information. We were under the pretence that the washing machine and dryer were inclusive in the property (after having it confirmed from the previous tenant that they would be staying with the property as well) and when we attended to sign the forms these were no where to be found. Clarke lied outright to us about this saying he had never heard about or known anything about the washing machine, but after approaching our landlord straight after he advised us that Clarke had advised him to remove the washing machine and dryer, proving him a liar.

After giving our notice (as I am expecting my first child and having to upsize) I advised that myself or my partner would like to be in the house whilst viewings are taking place due to our property still being in there, and specifically mentioned that one weekend we shall be in London so would prefer him not to show a stranger around the property whilst we are away. He threateningly argued with me over the telephone saying that my contract is a legally binding document and I should adhere to the viewing that he had booked BEFORE confirming it to be okay with us. I am aware of my rights and did not wish to give Clarke our alarm code (which he asked for) so that he could lock up our house after he conducted the viewing whilst we were away.

My partner doesn\'t have issues with Clarke in him speaking down to him as he does with me. I have found him patronising and he becomes very pushy when speaking to me. I am not unreasonable and know my rights with regards tenancy and I\'d strongly recommend not to deal with Northwood as they have proven to be nothing but pushy salesmen and liars.
The agent could have been more understanding with respect to our wishes and have been more honest at the outset.
By: HG
Jun 24, 2014
I would like to retract the review shown above placed by myself dated 10th July 2013. My comments were made in haste and anger and should not be used as a true reflection upon Northwood or their Manager. I have contacted allagents.co.uk to remove the review several times but to no avail.
By: northwoodbev
Jun 04, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that your experience when we were marketing the property wasn't as you wished.

Once we receive a tenant’s application we always send out the referencing immediately (the majority of the time the same day). Unfortunately, sometimes we don’t receive a reply from tenant’s references in a timely manner and so in those cases it is not possible to accept the application until all the references have been returned to us.

In regards to the washing machine and dryer, the property was not advertised with these items included and we were not asked at the time of the viewing if they were staying. We did subsequently advise the landlord to remove them between tenants; the previous tenants may have believed they were staying but unfortunately the previous tenants were approached and not us.

As to permitting viewings; all tenants agree by the reading and signing of the tenancy agreement at the outset and at every renewal point, to allow viewings in the last 2 months of their tenancy. This is to minimise financial losses to our landlords due to a property being empty in between tenants; which we believe to be a fair and reasonable condition of any tenancy.

If you wish to discuss anything relating to your review please email us at beverleyandhull@northwooduk.com. Best wishes.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Northwood Beverley & Hull! To leave a new review of Northwood Beverley & Hull, please click the link below !
Write a review for Northwood Beverley & Hull