Jul 11,2013
Jul 11,2013
We put in offers on two different flats with the Dulwich branch of Winkworths. Neither worked out, which I am retrospectively very grateful for as they proved such a difficult agency to deal with.

Firstly, phone calls are never returned when you are trying to arrange or confirm a viewing. This is infuriating considering that as buyers we were wanting to spend hundreds of thousands of pounds through Winkworths.

Secondly, there is no vetting of prospective buyers. I was shocked at how few questions (just name and contact details) were asked when I finally managed to arrange a viewing. If I was a seller, I would be annoyed as there is no effort to weed out those who are not serious buyers.

Thirdly, the agency makes it very difficult for you to view a property in any other way than a \'block viewing\'. Again, this, I find to be infuriating as it means you cannot establish a relationship with the agent and it is a blatant tactic to make prospective buyers feel under pressure as I suspect many of the viewers are not serious buyers.

Fourthly, the agency does not respect the tenants living in properties which are for sale. This was exemplified when we asked fr a viewing on a flat. The agent told us that ttenant was on holiday and had asked for no viewings that week, he was, however, willing to ignore this request and show us the property anyway!

Finally, once we had put offers in on properties, we found the agents to be aggressive and overbearing. They began calling several times a day and on one occasion they were actively seeking to drum up a bidding war. I am aware that there are no rules against this behaviour, but I did not enjoy their attitude or approach. We found it stressful and obstructive to good negotiations.

Would definitely not use again. We\'ve learnt our lesson now!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Winkworth Estate Agents Office 33! To leave a new review of Winkworth Estate Agents Office 33, please click the link below !
Write a review for Winkworth Estate Agents Office 33