Jul 09,2013
Jul 09,2013
I emailed Foxtons with the aim of finding a new rental property. I received a very prompt phone call from Ben, who was hugely enthusiastic. I became wary when he referred to the \'hairs on the back of my neck standing up\' when He would negotiate a deal for ME. This was a little off-putting but never mind. So, the properties... Well, the properties I viewed with Ben were absolutely not in the area I specified I wanted to view properties in. I know the area and know what is and isn\'t acceptable walking distance from the mainline station and had advised Ben of this. One property he told me he was taking me to see \'to get my opinion on the finish\'. I don\'t want to be an interiors consultant, I want to find a property I want to live in.

It was a frustrating experience, not least because I had advised my maximum budget, and all of the properties were at least £200 more than that PCM. Apparently landlords regularly accept less for their properties if you make them a \'good deal\' and you are the \'quality of tenant\' they are looking for. I couldn\'t help but wonder if this was because Foxtons overprice their properties? Either way, I was very wary. There was one place I viewed that had an offer on, however I was advised to make the same offer as I was more the \'quality of tenant the landlord was looking for\' so I feel sorry for the current tenants (who I\'m sure are actually very nice) and dread to think what Foxtons said about me.

One last point: Their fees are extortionate. Please be careful and do your research as a tenant. Those mini\'s and jazzy offices don\'t come for free and I question how much of the fees are actually anything to do with your property. Also, hugely high staff turnover, even for estate agents so don\'t be surprised if your old agent drops off the map very quickly!
Just be more honest, and cut all the bull. Be genuine, people respond to that. And consider your fees for tenants - ‚£500+ is extortionate.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Foxtons Wimbledon! To leave a new review of Foxtons Wimbledon, please click the link below !
Write a review for Foxtons Wimbledon