Jul 08,2013
Jul 08,2013
Please keep way!
My ex partner and I moved into a flat through Braemore. It was a nightmare from the word go! We gave them all our references and first months rent promptly 3 weeks previous to our moving in date. They failed to arranged a time for us to sign the lease, as the moving day got closer we were both incredibly stressed with moving all our stuff and still not having a lease signed.
The night before the moving day they phoned us at 5.30pm to say that we did not hand in one of our references, which just added to our panic as we had been on the ball with this and they had lost it!! They then asked us to sign the lease the morning we moved in leaving us no time to read over it and make sure we agreed!
So after all this we moved in to a flat which had a load of junk in it that we were un-aware of, the inventory had things on it like - printer -broken, there was 2 hoovers one from the 60\'s which we had to store etc (in a flat with minimal storage). Whenever I emailed the company I NEVER got a reply,such things as updates to the inventory and suggestions of things we could remove or replace ourselves.
Within a matter of weeks I noticed my shoes (which sat on the floor) were thick with mould and we had a damp problem. It was a bottom floor flat with broken ventilation. Rapidly this mould and damp got out of control all our stuff was ruined ( I am an artist and my work was irreparable and my ex makes music and his computer stopped working due to water damaged through the damp). The mattress was soaked through, the sofas were soaked, the bathroom was dripping and wooden floors were soaking and slimy. We had to sleep on a shower curtain on top of the mattress. It then noticed my clothes started to get holes in them... there was clothes moths in this house!!
This caused irreparable damaged to our relationship as we got so stressed and ill ( my ex ended up off work for the best part of 2months and myself 2weeks all together with damp heads colds and chest infections) meaning we were on statutory sick pay - not enough to cover the rent so we ended up in debt. My ex partner has children who could no longer come and stay which cause massive problems between him and his family as they relied on us having them to stay regularly. I couldn\'t take it anymore and had to leave I was depressed and very ill.
From there he agreed to take the lease on so I could take another one as I have no family locally I could stay with and needed to be able to get to work. They said we needed to pay £300 to get my name off the lease which he did. He then was left to try and get them to sort the situation. As the next month rent was looming he had been trying to contact them as the damp was just getting worse and worse but still no one seemed to care, even to the point he was in tears to them on the phone so stress and at his wits end with being ill and wearing wet clothes. So by this point I had moved out 5 weeks ago but we kept in touch about this problem so I could help if I could. I then received an email from Braemore (one of the first ever!!) saying that I was still on the lease and liable for the flat as he would not sign a new one to take it on for a further 6months!!! Well of course not!! So why did they take £300 off him!! We got environmental health out and are waiting for the report at them moment! They were so shocked at the state of the flat and insisted no one should have to live like that! They refuse to let either of us off the lease and expect him to carry on living there for another 3 months paying the full rent... or they will come to me for it and I now have a new rent to pay. I have taken legal advise on this and I have been advised to take them to court as all our stuff is ruin and our health is bad, nobody so live in these conditions... and they should not be asked to pay £525 a month to do so.
Please stay away from these heartless people the will ruin your property and take your money and never respond to you!!!!!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Braemore Sales & Lettings Morningside Edinburgh! To leave a new review of Braemore Sales & Lettings Morningside Edinburgh, please click the link below !
Write a review for Braemore Sales & Lettings Morningside Edinburgh