Jun 29,2013
Jun 29,2013
I have never felt so ignored, marginalised and used by a company in my life! After some Steller customer service to find me a flat I thought that Foxtons was great, then they cashed my deposit cheque....

From the moment they had hold of my deposit and letting fee, I was pretty much on my own.

The list of issues is almost too big but I will do my best;
I was new the the UK and so was confused over a \'standing order\' (they are called different things in different countries) I asked them if I had done everything that\'s was needed with the form I sent Foxtons re:creating a standing order (I didn\'t know I was supposed to set it up with a bank) . Instead of simply pointing me in the right direction, they ignored me. Then I emailed them when my rent didn\'t go out, they ignored this too. Then they emailed me to say I was late and at risk of eviction, no reference to the emails I had sent earlier...

Then the maintenance issues began. Curtain rails fell down, vacuum cleaner never worked, door handles began jamming shut, cold water tap stopped working, fan in the bathroom stopped working (which led to mould issues,) washing machine began falling apart. It took a year to get the curtains sorted, a month to get cold water, nothing else was looked at in THREE years!

Not only that, but Foxtons actively encouraged our landlady to increase rent every year we were there. Each time thr lease came up it was a terrible time for us to move due to other commitments but it is one of my few regrets that I didn\'t just move out after the first year. By the end we were paying about 300 pounds a month more than when we moved it.

Once we decided to move out, the antics continued. THEY CHARGE YOU FOR A REFERENCE! Not even a good one, it is less than 100 words long, sure it is only 20 pounds but the cheek of it! Three years of collection our commission on rent and they still screw us for every pound they can. And you can\'t move into a new place without a reference so it is definately taking advantage. The fact that it is as low as 20 pounds just shows how petty they are.

Then prospective tenants were brought through by the Foxtons reps. Right away there was no warning, they just started showing up. We had to give each rep individually our mobiles as they used the lack of contact numbers as an excuse for just showing up.

Finally we are now through with them. I am a happy person who does not often hold into things, but every tie I see the damn green F logo I get mad.

STAY AWAY! As a landlady/lord you will be pushed into increasing rent, get angry tenants that move out, and we probably getting fleeced somewhere along the line. As tenants, well I think I have pointed out enough reasons why you don\'t want to deal with these money suckers.

There is a reason Foxtons has no social media presence.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Foxtons Putney! To leave a new review of Foxtons Putney, please click the link below !
Write a review for Foxtons Putney