Jul 01,2013
Jul 01,2013
I was quoted a charge of £3300 + VAT on selling my parents\' house, which they valued at £145000. This seemed high but I needed to proceed as quickly as possible as the house was empty and I was paying council tax on it. (I did not live in the area.) They kept dropping the price and it eventually sold for £125000. They told me that I would not get more because of the stamp-duty cut off, which makes me wonder about their original valuation. I was shocked to discover that on completion I had still been charged their original quote. This means that I paid over 2.6% for sole agency. Absolutely disgraceful.
(I have just put my own house on the market and been quoted 1.25% from a local agent. What a difference.) I would never recommend this company.
Charged a fair rate.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Spicer McColl Office 36! To leave a new review of Spicer McColl Office 36, please click the link below !
Write a review for Spicer McColl Office 36