Jul 02,2013
Jul 02,2013
Do not be fooled by positive reviews. It is quite often that large agents like these effective bribe their way into winning awards etc by the media etc. Also, quite often they tend to deal with international buyers/sellers who quite often get ripped off but are not aware of the tactics they use,

In my opinion, Hamptons International are the lowest of the low. Many regard them in the same category as their other main competitor who I won\'t name. But to be honest, Hamptons take the crown for being the worst!

I had an experience which only an Estate agent could provide. I was buying a property in central london through this agent. Having made an offer, the seller was taking a long time to either accept or reject my offer. After few weeks, I indicated to the agents that I was about to withdraw my offer as I had seen something else. Day later a Hamptons agent called and assured me that the seller had now accepted my offer!! I was bit reluctant and suspicous as the seller was bit dodgy. In addition, he encouraged me to go ahead with the transaction by assuring me that the seller will not be entertaining other offers once my solicitor\'s details were exchanged, and that the property would be "taken off" the market as Hamptons were the sole agents.

On the above guarantees, I started the legal process, mortgage application, survey fees etc. I arranged to view the property again. Twice within a week, the viewing was cancelled (excuses given on behalf of the seller). On the last occasion, I was outside the property, at an arranged time, and I got call from Hamptons agent that the seller was considering a higher offer from another buyer and I should only view it if I wanted to offer higher!! All this after re-assuring me and getting me to enter into a formal buy transaction!!

This was after they were meant to take the property off the market, cancelling my second viewing appointments, leading me into believing that I was the buyer of the property and getting me into entering legal transactions etc which would cost me lot of money.

I was basically set up by Hamptons and the seller so that the seller did not loser my offer. While Hamptons got me to start the buying process, the seller was actively checking out the financial worthiness of his other offer and possibly entertaining other offers! Remember the property was only marketed by Hamptons International!

I would avoid these agents at all costs. Yes sellers do shaft buyers in a busy market all the time but it is another story when a supposedly "award winning" (I wonder how much they bribed the media!) agency goes to this length to earn commission from the highest bidder. These are probably the worst estate agents I\'ve come across and that is not easy thing to achieve!

Avoid at all cost or get ripped off somehow!
Do not use these guys. They lie simple and will frame the customer to suit their own means.
By: West_Upper
Jul 10, 2013
To be fair it sounds more like the Seller was messing you both around

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Hamptons International Branch! To leave a new review of Hamptons International Branch, please click the link below !
Write a review for Hamptons International Branch