Jul 01,2013
Jul 01,2013
CPSL are without a doubt the worst estate agents I have ever dealt with. They charge high prices for, in my experience, properties with massive hidden problems and then refuse to do a single thing to help you whilst you live there.

I lived with a huge patch of permeating damp on my bedroom wall for the entirety of my tenancy. I was told it was because of a leaking roof which was no longer leaking, and that they would have to wait until it dried before redecorating. When the wall showed no sign of drying out after 6 months, and countless complaints, I was told it was my fault, that my bed had been against the wall and prevented ventilation to the area. I then moved my bed, the wall still did not dry out. I would suggest this is because it was damp in the wall, not a leaking roof, and CPSL refused to do anything about it. The wall was still damp when I moved out yesterday, following 12 months of a damp bedroom.

Another prime example of the incompetency of CPSL is that our fire alarm has been disconnected for 4 weeks after it spontaneously started going off for no reason. Which I am almost certain is illegal. They sent someone round, who highlighted that the fire alarms were wired incorrectly, and that we had heat alarms where smoke alarms should have been - essentially it was all a big, dangerous mess. CPSL\'s solution to the problem was to leave our flat with no alarm whatsoever for the last month of our tenancy. A great display of health and safety. When I emailed them, I received no response whatsoever. When I phoned them, I was promised the problem would be sorted, and then absolutely nothing was done.

Our hoover stopped working, it took me a week to get them to take it away to be fixed, and three weeks to get the hoover back - completely unchanged. Upon receiving my deposit, I was charged a £72 check out fee which I was in no way made aware of, the icing on the cake. I believe that these people are devoid of all morals and common decency, they do not care about their customers and habitually cheat young people out of money. Oliver Wilkey was our main point of contact, and he was about as useful as an inflatable dartboard, not to mention rude with it. I have honestly never experienced anything quite like it, and would advise that you avoid using CPSL at all costs, they are diabolical.
The agent could have: - communicated with tenants i.e. taken fewer than 4 consecutive emails to respond, every time. - dealt with problems such as permeating damp, or at least come up with some form of compensation for the damp living conditions - not been rude every time we contacted them - been transparent about the underlying problems with the property

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Clifton Property Services Office 1! To leave a new review of Clifton Property Services Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Clifton Property Services Office 1