Jul 01,2013
Jul 01,2013
Our experience started off positively and went downhill quickly - mainly due to very poor communication. My girlfriend and I were looking for our first place to rent. We found an ideal flat with only one issue that the shower needed replacing. We made our offer with a clause stating that the shower needs to be fixed, and paid our holding fee. We then had some contact with Gerald Klein for a couple of weeks, he was nice and showed us around the flat a couple more times. Then all of a sudden we didn\'t hear from him for 10 days, which was stressful because we were waiting to hear if the shower would be fixed before paying the next lump sum. Despite numerous emails and calls asking for updates Gerald and colleagues were unable to give us any more information on the situation. We were due to pay the next installment and we hadn\'t been told how much to pay, when to pay it, who to pay it to.

This dragged out for a few more days and then all of a sudden, five days before our move in date, we were contacted Louise Brown who told us she had \'taken over our file\' and would be the main contact moving forward. She didn\'t know anything about the shower issue so we had to start all over again, knowing that despite having five weeks notice this wouldn\'t be resolved in time for moving in and we\'d have a broken shower in our lovely new home. We signed the tenancy agreement three days before moving in - it was rejected by the landlady which gave us quite a scare. However, this was because Louise had spelled her name wrong. We then finally signed the tenancy agreement the day before moving in - cutting it very fine. We didn\'t receive a signed copy of the agreement until the day we moved in. Additionally Lauristons had arranged for the landlord to meet us with the keys on our move date, and despite numerous requests, they didn\'t give us her contact details in time, so there was lots of confusion as to who this person was and where to meet them. Not what you need on your moving day. Communication with Louise was polite but she was equally difficult to get hold of. Overall, very poor communication as we didn\'t know how things were progressing for long periods of time. We were very compliant and always replied quickly and completed our actions ahead of the deadlines set by Lauristons - unfortunately this was not reciprocated.
By: Dan Brieger
Aug 02, 2013
Hi Graeme

I have looked through my emails now. Our references and ID were all submitted on the 4th of June and I can forward you an email from Gerald saying he has received these. I also received an introductory email from Louise Brown on the 17th June telling us she has taken over our file. I hope you can appreciate that the gap between 30th May and 17th June is quite a big one, especially when you are constantly looking for reassurances that everything is progressing smoothly.

I have left you a couple of voicemails and I'm happy to discuss further. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards
By: Dan Brieger
Aug 01, 2013
Our references were completed as soon as was humanly possible and we didn't experience any delays around this period. As such I don't appreciate your comment on our 'tardy submission'. Our complaints started after this point when we were looking to progress with a number of issues, including the deposit, rent and shower issue. Of course Gerald would say that he returned all calls and emails, but the timescales in which he responded are what concerned me.
By: Graeme Goessen
Jul 16, 2013
The Landlord refused to remove the property from the market until references were completed. When Gerald carried out the viewing to when references were completed he was in contact on a regular basis. Delays over this period were due to the your own tardy submission of the references and awaiting your ID.

When Gerald was in the office with both you and Hannah he provided you a copy of the holding deposit receipt form and which was signed. A reference number was provided for payment.

Gerald confirms that he returned all calls and email, but was unable to supply the information you required. During the progression of the tenancy we were waiting to hear back on a number of points both from the landlord. Gerald passed the file to Louise to progress to conclusion on 30th May with references still outstanding. This ultimately meant that the landlord was very reluctant to proceed with any agreements or contracts until this point in time. This also goes for the shower and dishwasher issue.

Louise was aware of the shower issue and provided contractors quotes to the landlord but could have made contact earlier in the process irrespective of any delay we were experiencing from the landlord. We will look to improve this area and your comments are duly noted.

Due to information we received there was an error on the tenancy agreement which was corrected within 24 hours. Further information relating to another clause that needed removing was done immediately and resubmitted again by close of play. Louise arranged for the landlord to meet you at the property. On the day of move in you called to explain that no-one was at the property and you were waiting outside. The landlord was inside the property.

While I understand your frustration that certain matters could not be dealt with as quickly as you would have wished, these matters were out of our control to expedite. I would be more than happy to discuss any of the above in far more detail on 020 8417 8080.

Graeme Goessen - Head of Property Management

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Lauristons Battersea! To leave a new review of Lauristons Battersea, please click the link below !
Write a review for Lauristons Battersea