Properties Glasgow - Infiniti Properties
Jul 01,2013
Jul 01,2013
Unfortunately, my experience of Dunpark ties up with the other reviews I\'ve read - an fairly incompetent organisation who really don\'t care about the tenants. They\'re not in the "rogue landlord" category, but that\'s the only good thing I can say about them. A few specifics:

- I\'m always paranoid about important paperwork going missing in the post, so I made a point of handing all forms,etc. into the office personally. **On the morning of the start of the tenancy**, they contacted me to say that they hadn\'t received the signed tenancy agreement, plus a few other things. When I insisted they had it (because I physically handed it all over 3 days earlier), I got the response "Well, we don\'t have it, and the tenancy can\'t start without it". No apology, no attitude of "What can we do to help?". Nothing. I accept mistakes happen, but they wouldn\'t accept any responsibility for anything. The onus is very much on the peasant (sorry, the tenant) to sort things out. In the end, we had to delay the start date for the tenancy (and our move-in date) by a day so that the missing paperwork could be resubmitted.

- The outside light broke early on in our tenancy. Never got repaired despite several requests.

- The washing machine broke down. I know these things happen, but it took 2 weeks to get it replaced. Dunpark\'s attitude was that they couldn\'t do anything without the owner\'s permission, since it\'s his property, and I understand that. But at no time did I get the sense they were pushing the landlord on my behalf. There were no updates from them (and they were awful about returning our calls), no target dates - it was always "We left a message with the owner, but they haven\'t got back to us yet. We\'ll let you know when we hear from them". I have 3 young children, so I\'m sure you can imagine what it\'s like to be without a washing machine for 2 weeks.

- At the end of our tenancy they knocked £2 off our deposit to replace a couple of light bulbs. I argued that, given that they left us for 2 weeks without a washing machine, letting us off with the £2 might be a nice gesture of goodwill. Nope. The miserable penny-pinching gits refused even that.

I know none of these incidents are big deals, but they\'re all small things that could have been dealt with better, and it\'s small things like this that tell you about a company\'s attitude to you. As I said, Dunpark aren\'t rogue landlords, but they give the impression that they don\'t care about tenants.
Just ... be on the tenant\'s side occasionally. Be proactive. Try to be helpful. Apologise if you mess up. Don\'t treat tenants (and their gripes, like broken down appliances) as an inconvenience. Your attitude stinks right now.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Dunpark Office 1! To leave a new review of Dunpark Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Dunpark Office 1