Jun 28,2013
Jun 28,2013
Brown & Co\'s Senior Associate Lesley Levy was helpful up until the papers were signed and initial fees and deposit and rent paid, however once I had moved in to the property any problems I had were not dealt with, phone calls were not returned and the reason I did not renew my tenancy agreement after the first 6 months was because in their role as landlords they did absolutely nothing apart from take my rent money and on one occasion call me because it had not been paid in...so they thought but it was a fault on their behalf and had been taken from my bank as usual. The property I was in is now empty and hopefully no one else will have to experience their lack of professionalism and ineffieciency. The property is extremely cold in the winter months as the roof is inadequately insinulated and the windows are draughty making it extremely expensive to heat adequately, there is also a gas fire that never worked and I had a door that needed fixing but never was which resulted in me being shut out of my own home! And they did not mention there was such a poor TV signal you needed to either have SKY or pay in excess of £500 for Hughes to come and install necessary equipment. I will not be recommending Brown & Co or using them again and would advise others to AVOID.
Resolved the problems at the time
By: Helpful
Jul 18, 2013
We are disappointed and concerned by these comments as it appears we have fallen short of our own high standards of customer service. However,the tenant was made fully aware of the fact that a gas fire in the sitting room had been capped, both when he viewed the property and when we checked him into the property - and the flat has full gas c/h. We responded to the tenant's calls at all times - once at 11pm with regard to an internal door handle. We rather suspect that this complaint has been written by his ex, who was not our tenant but who interfered constantly and appeared very determined to do everything she could to ensure that our tenant moved out of the flat and back in with her.
By: Helpful
Jul 16, 2013
We are extremely sorry to hear that we did not live up to the expectations of this tenant, as we pride ourselves on our service at all times. With regard to the gas fire, this matter was explained to the tenant when we checked him in and he accepted that it had been capped off for safety reasons. The flat has full gas central heating, so it there was no lack of heating. With regard to the matter of the door - this was an internal door where the handle/catch became stuck - and the tenant phoned me at 11pm, rather worse for wear, as he had obviously been to the pub. I advised that as it was an internal door he should leave it open and we would get our maintenance person to the property as soon as possible to sort it out. When I followed up the matter with the tenant to arrange for our maintenance person to fix the door, he said it was not a problem and he could not be at the property to arrange access. With regard to the TV aerial signal, we have let the property for the last 10 years and have never had a complaint about the lack of TV signal.
We are most surprised to receive such a vitriolic review from this tenant, with whom we always got on well and found to be a reasonable , if rather helpless, gentleman. However, his ex partner/wife seemed determined to get him back to her home again and was resentful when our team would not respond to her calls and letters, as she was not the tenant.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Brown & Co Office 5! To leave a new review of Brown & Co Office 5, please click the link below !
Write a review for Brown & Co Office 5