Aug 03,2010
By: 'verysad'
Aug 03,2010
I've dealt with a lot of letting agents in my time who have been very sneaky, dishonest and manipulative, but none have ever upset myself and my sharers so much that we felt it necessary to actively seek a way to warn other tenants, until we encountered Keatons.

From the beginning they have made life difficult for us. From reading other comments below, I'm sure they lied to us too about there being another offer matching ours, so that we would compromise our offer. Once our offer was accepted and a deposit put down, they ignored our repeated emails, where we requested one or two things, until it was too late to carry out those requests.

They broke our contract within a day of us moving in and then supplied us with an inventory which was so vague and so far from the truth that it was as though the inventory was for a completely different house. Problems include stating the property was cleaned to a high standard when it was completely filthy and not profesionally cleaned as was promised in the contract, and the inventory also mentioned the presence of numerous items in some of the rooms, items which don't actually exist but we will no doubt be charged for from our deposit, at the end of our tenancy.

The people we have dealt with at Keatons have constantly been rude, dishonest, and tried to fool us into thinking we have fewer rights than we actually do (this was brought to my attention when seeking legal advice).

We definitely won't be dealing with Keatons again, and are writing this to urge people to please not get involved with this agent. No matter how nice the house is, it's not worth it. We have been trying to sort out all the issues for ages now with no avail, and it's interfered with our personal lives and work life considerably.

I would also like to add that those 5* ratings below, all funnily enough posted on the same day (17th of June), really strike me as fake. No doubt someone from Keatons PR will again post a load of fake 5* ratings sometime soon to counteract the low ratings given by their truly unhappy customers, just to bump up their overall rating a bit.

Please please please avoid.
By: Fed up of moaners
Feb 17, 2011
A lot of your moaning relates to the inventory that was carried out. Are you aware that keatons use independent companies to do inventories? How can you blame Keatons for a third parties view on the condition of a property?

Keatons