Aug 05,2010
Aug 05,2010
Have had nothing but trouble since letting through Dock Street in February 2010. There collection Agency which is based, I believe, in Worcester are totally useless. Despite Ludlow Thompson taking 3 years rent collection fees in the first months, I continually have to chase for payment as there are always short falls.

Would never use again and will also pass my experience with Ludlow Thompson on.

Would not recommend.
By: Dull Boy
Oct 20, 2010
Everything wrote above is so true. I too have had 4 months of hell. I don't trust them anymore. No money and no flat with really no guess as to when I might get paid, but Ludlow Thompson are fully paid for a 24 month contract. Now the tenant has to go into arrears for 2 months before legal can start, then a judge rules something, and if you get your property back, you have to pursue the tenant for costs yourself. I'm really dreading the next few months. I can't afford this anymore or the property will be repossed by xmas.
Then who's fault is it?
Sep 01, 2010
Dear Penny and KJo17

Please confirm if you have raised a complaint direct with us at Kindly email us referring to the date and your ID on this Allagents website. We can then look into the matters.

Kind regards
By: kejo17
Aug 23, 2010
I have had the same experience, taking 18months worth of management fees upfront despite having a contract clause added that fees would be taken only on a monthly basis. The first 4 months have been hell with these guys. Taking fees when contractually agreed against. Miscalculations, charges for events that never took place. The Wimbledon branch were very happy to gloss over the smaller details then deny, lie and refuse to help once the sales transfered to the service department. I managed to get the complaint to one of the directors and yet the same cultured non-existant service was fired my way. I have had nothing but heartache trying to deal with this company. There is no communication between departments and they rarely answer the phone and almost never respond in a timely fashion. I implore anyone reading this not to take this company on. I have now in the midst of them witholding tax despite having an authority not to tax. Just plain useless. I can't wait until our contract has completed. Never ever again. My tenants also have had a bad experience with this company. The only saving grace in this debacle is they managed to secure excellent tenants.
By: Penny
Aug 21, 2010
I totally understand what Cathy is talking about. Ludlow have taken 2 years of fees from me resulting in me having NO payment of rent int he first 4 or five months and since then I receive about half the rent due. There statements provided are incomprehensible and there is no explanations for why full rent is not received. Ludlow have been a joke since I joined them. I have recently had to rent through them and was told by their office in Acton that in order for them to take an offer to the landlord I had to pay 500 pounds deposit before they even made that call... which was not necessary for any other agent I had signed with. I would not recommend them for anything!
Aug 18, 2010
Further to your review above we have written to you to advise what action we are taking to remedy the problem, and also to clarify the events that resulted in your rent not being paid.

We apologise for the inconvenience and will revert back to you by phone and or email by Friday 20th August close of business. Meantime, please be assured that we are doing everything we can to resolve the situation which arose from a clerical error by the tenant. We appreciate that you have suffered inconvenience and will discuss this with you when we speak.

To clarify the events that took place in connection with the arrears at your property:

# The tenants of your property were contacted three days before the rent was due on the property as a polite reminder of when the payment was expected.
# Since this date the tenants have been contacted on a daily basis through phone calls, letters and emails.
# Subsequently we have received the vast majority of the rent which has been forwarded to your account.
#The remaining payment due has been confirmed by the final tenant who has advised that they did not supply an adequate reference when the payment was made. The reference number makes it possible to allocate the payment made to the correct account.
#This reference number is supplied on the standing order mandates provided to the tenants and the Tenancy Agreement. Without the property reference number it is impossible to find the correct location for allocation of the money.

Action we have taken -
~To avoid future problems we will write to the tenants to inform them of attaching the property reference number to their payment to avoid such a problem in the coming months.
~We will also write to obtain proof of payment in order to allocate the payment and pay this to you once received.

We apologise if the action we have taken thus far has not been adequately communicated to you. We will be in touch with you directly, shortly with hopefully positive news.
Aug 10, 2010
Hello Cathy

We are sorry to read that you have not been pleased with the service you received. So that we can address the matter with you kindly get in touch via and reference All Agents 5th August.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of ludlowthompson City Docklands! To leave a new review of ludlowthompson City Docklands, please click the link below !
Write a review for ludlowthompson City Docklands