Jun 24,2013
Jun 24,2013
Chased constantly by sales team - I was busy so buckled in and used them for ease. Biggest mistake of my entire life.

Persuaded to take out a 3 year tenancy for the best. Persuaded against my desire to take out an overseas student.

Was recommended their Rent & Legal Warranty Protection Scheme due to my fears of tenant leaving country early before end of let with no recourse.

Enquired about a clause in the contract and misled as to what it meant regarding a minimum fee of £2,800 plus VAT. Told this meant I QUALIFIED for a pro rata refund if tenant left early. This is a lie as they deduct the £2,800 plus VAT from your pro rata refund. IT IS HIGHLY LIKELY YOU WILL NEVER QUALIFY FOR A FULL PRO RATA REFUND due to this clause and the way it is worded.

WARNING - RENT WARRANTY don\'t take it out! They withhold essential information about the rent and legal protection scheme when you sign up to it. You would never take it out if you read it before hand. It is nevery worth claiming due to high costs and returns/limits/requirements they demand.

If they fail to relet your property they still charge you for a relet out of your upfront fee! (I gave them 3 months!)

No guarantor was obtained despite my request - and the tenant did leave the country owing money.

I had 3 years fee deducted from 5 months rent in advance which they will not pay back pro rata. They state everywher on their website the rent warranty is paid monthly but they deducted all 3 years in one lump sum at the start of the tenancy without informing me this would happen. They later stated it was due to the 5 month\'s rent paid. Trouble was the tenant left after 8 months leaving me £3,700 short. Ludlow still kept the fees they felt they were entitled to.

I contacted Head Office and Director Chris Valentine but in their eyes they have done no wrong, despite The Pensions Ombudsman directive that they should "give the client written details of...Terms of Business... including any relevant fees and expenses." They do not do this with the rent warranty scheme. I asked another office 3 times before they sent the full details to me (and I then knew what to ask for) and subsequently he never chased me (so unlike all the other offices!).
The agent could have accepted my complaint was valid after I sent them further evidence of misleading communication from another of their offices to show it was not a one off \'mistake\' and that I was not lying that I was led to believe I would receive a pro-rata refund because I had paid a certain amount for their services upfront. They should have honoured Jibby\'s word to me of the description of their clause and paid my pro-rata refund. I would then have walked away.
By: Jemma
Jun 28, 2013
Following the posting of this complaint I had with LudlowThompson.com Ltd following a tenancy that had gone bad and which was currently undergoing review at the time of writing it has since been escalated to the relevant department at Head Office. I was impressed with the professional handling of my case by staff at Head Office who settled my outstanding issues in both an amicable and satisfactory manner.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of ludlowthompson Oval! To leave a new review of ludlowthompson Oval, please click the link below !
Write a review for ludlowthompson Oval

(Oval Office/Branch)12 Clapham Road Lambeth, London