Jun 21,2013
Jun 21,2013
There's a reason this company is ranked once of the worst in London. I think my review pretty much matches all the previous ones.

Possibly the worst company I've ever had to deal with. They're very friendly and happy to communicate when trying to sign you up (Minus the client relations guy, Elek). Once I was in the room all that changed, they refuse to reply to Emails or return calls. Whenever we had an issue they suddenly became very ¢â‚¬Ëœunavailable' and in my 9 month stay there were still things unattended to which myself and other flatmates had been reporting since day 1.

Price wise they are shocking, in comparison to what our neighbours paid and friends in the suburb we were really getting dicked. Also its worth mentioning you pay £300 to get into a place for all the ¢â‚¬Ëœadmin' they have to do. Which in my case was a few emails back and forth. A portion of this is for the cleaning of your room when you move out, however my room and the others in our house were not cleaned upon the previous people moving out. £50 you get back as your key deposit.

In the end all 4 members of the house moved out purely because of Unidaplace's service (or lack of). This is were the real trouble started, after waiting 7 weeks for my deposit and calling and emailing every day (no body would reply to anything they just went into complete transparent mode) I turned up at their office announced at their office demanding to speak with somebody who had a clue what was going on ¢â‚¬â€œ of course this was difficult and somebody had to be called in. When I asked why they were not returning mine or my flat mates deposit and withholding over £3000 from us the reply was that ¢â‚¬Ëœthey were having difficulties', which I actually do believe as they come across as being a real shambles of a company.

I believe the only reason I even got my deposit back was because of me turning up unannounced or I'd probably still be struggling to get it back.
By: L
Sep 16, 2013
they moved to Second floor, 91 Charlotte Street, London W1T 4QF
I'll try the unannounced visit today to get my deposit back as well...
My ex flatmate told me to ask Unida for the DPC number (reference number under which your deposit was registered) and raise a dispute with the help of a solicitor.

And Nicky if you're in France I think it's going to be difficult for you, you might have your ex flatmates still in UK?

Good luck!
By: Nicky
Sep 15, 2013
I am in the situation, i can't get back my deposit and they don't answer my emails or phone calls.
I live in France i don't know what to do! Please help me!
By: T
Sep 08, 2013
Hi guys,
I'm in the same situation. I can't get me deposit back either. Any ideas as to what to do?
By: Flo
Aug 29, 2013

Thank you for all these info, I am having the same problem with the deposit, but I tried to show up there and the office has moved, and I cannot find their new address. Would you know where it is, by any chance?

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Unida Place Office 1! To leave a new review of Unida Place Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Unida Place Office 1