Jun 20,2013
Jun 20,2013
I am a student looking for my first ever flat to rent. Obviously the experience can be very difficult but ¢â‚¬ËœFish Need Water' did not help it. I found a great flat online through Right Move and I leaped at the chance to rent it, unfortunately it was through ¢â‚¬ËœFish Need Water'. I hoped to see it that day so called first thing in the morning, gave them all my details and was told they would call me back as soon as possible.

I had this same conversation three times a day for five days. Only one time, did someone called me back. I had to hoped to view the property with my dad and potential flat mate so found a time that suited us all. All I wanted to do was ask the estate agents if they could do this time! After speaking to a receptionist who tried to help I thought I had an appointment booked. Eventually I found myself up in London two hours before still ringing the estate agents to confirm.

At this point my dad rang them and was told (straight away) that the flat was now under offer and would not be shown to anyone else. To top it off no one rang me to tell me this. So, if my dad had not told me I would have gone to the flat without realising. The saddest thing is that it was under my budget; I would have upped the offer if they'd just given me a chance, or even let me see it.

Not once did I get through to an estate agent in lettings and I was only called back once. I felt completely disregarded. Whether this is because I am a student or because they didn't care I do not know.

On a final note, I have not even been able to get through to someone to complain. Do not use ¢â‚¬ËœFish Need Water' they will not do your property justice.
By: James
Jun 24, 2013
Georgia, its certainly not because you are a student as the landlady was happy to see students. I am sorry you experienced a poor service. If I can be honest, the property advert attracted 118 viewing requests, which was unexpected, and we have a team of three trying to keep up. It's not the only property we have Georgia, either so the sheer volume of enquirers left us more than a bit stretched.

In fact we did our landlord a great service, as we ended up letting her property for nearly £100 per week more than she was hoping for so your assertion that we do not provide a good service to landlords is in my opinion wide of the mark Georgia. I agree though that this should not have affected our service to you.

With regards the property in question, the landlord took a service whereby she carried out her own viewings and because she works in a high pressure publishing role, she had given us strict set times so I'm not wholly surprised that turning up would yield a great result for you - as you only thought you had booked an appointment. All appointments with our agency are confirmed with an email and a text too, so if you didn't receive these, you didn't have a confirmed appointment I'm afraid.

If you would like to make a formal complaint to me, please email me at james@fishneedwater.com and I will undertake a full review of what happened for you and report my findings back.

Once again, I am very sorry for the confusion on our part and it isn't systematic of our policies or how we operate as we attempt to call all enquirers back usually.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of fish need water East Dulwich! To leave a new review of fish need water East Dulwich, please click the link below !
Write a review for fish need water East Dulwich