Jun 18,2013
Jun 18,2013
This letting agency is terrible. The agent we had initially was great, but after we signed papers for the property this happened:

- They were supposed to arrange for payment of our rent to the landlord, but messed up the direct debit details the very first month and didn\'t even notice. I had to arrange for monthly rent payments directly to the landlord even though they are paid to arrange for payment.

- They took payment of five days\' rent to give to the landlord to make up for the difference in time between when we paid the rent and when it reached the landlord\'s account. Months later, I checked with the landlord, and the money reaches his account instantly, so I arranged to have the payment back... but the agents completely forgot about it and if I didn\'t contact the landlord directly, I would have lost that £300.

- TWICE in the middle of our agreed tenancy period we had phone calls from an agent to notify us that the tenancy was at an end and they were going to set up viewings of the property as soon at that evening, even though our tenancy wasn\'t even half way done.

- TWICE they have sent us letters chasing us for fees we don\'t owe. When I called to clarify the situation, the woman was rude as hell. She told me she didn\'t like my tone when I explained that this was the SECOND time this had happened and between these letters, and the unnecessary phone calls telling us they were showing our flat to strangers when we still had 6 months to go on our lease, they needed to stop harassing me.

- Worst of all, however, is the level of service provided when I speak to the agents on the phone. They are discourteous, defensive and adamant that they are faultless. I can see this in their responses to other reviewers posts on this website, which are smarmy and rude. Even if they think the reviewers are inaccurate or misguided, there is a professional way to handle complaints, and then there is the Alan Harvey way.

If you want professional agents, who won\'t mess you around or mess around with your money, don\'t go to these people.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Alan Harvey Property Services Office 1! To leave a new review of Alan Harvey Property Services Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Alan Harvey Property Services Office 1