May 30,2013
May 30,2013
this is a warning to all people renting DO NOT USE HAMPSHIRE HOMES.their staff are all friendly and ready to help when you are looking at the property but it is as if they flip a switch once the keys have been handed over. We had problems as soon as we moved into the property and found that the heating did not work. I phoned Hampshire homes weekly to ask for someone to come out and fix it but the staff just got more annoyed at me.we spent the whole winter without heating even though I have 3 young children. The other problem when we moved in was that the hob was not a safe distance away from the cupboard so had no cooking facilities for a month. the fridge freezer broke down after a couple of months and was never fixed no matter how many times we complained, we were just fortunate to have our own fridge freezer to use in it\'s place. The washing machine broke down and took over a month to fix, the list of faults is endless and each time we phoned to report a problem the person we spoke to spoke to us as if they were doing us a favour just by picking up the the end of the tenancy we showed the new tenant around on four separate occasions because they could not arrange it through the estate agents, they also failed to inform the new tenants that the fire was unsafe and that the boiler in the children\'s bedroom had over heated and caused the plug socket to melt which could have cause a serious accident.we agreed to pay the fees for finding the new tenant as we were leaving the tenancy early but expected the rest of our money back. We have been fighting with them for the last two months to get our deposit back. They were trying to keep 80% of our deposit.they have threatened that the money will all be paid to the landlord if we do not agree to their terms. They have been confrontational and rude and as a result we have been left with less than half of our deposit. I did not read these reviews before I rented with them but I am hoping that even if I only manage to save a few people from going through this it has got to be worth it.
nothing they do will ever change my mind or that of everyone I have spoke to since. I have already warned a few of my friends that were about to take up a property and they have been diverted to standfords. If they actually want to do better than maybe they should go train at standfords and find out how you should treat tenants but I doubt that they would want to change.
By: Peter
Jan 29, 2014
I have now discovered which property this tenant was in. She asked us to release her from her tenancy early as she had bought a property. Even though the Landlord had no obligation to do so, he and I allowed the early release and managed to find a replacement tenant. Laura repaid this gesture of goodwill by leaving the property in a filthy state and the Landlord needed to replace the carpets. The DPS agreed and deducted money from the deposit. I cannot understand how someone becomes so bitter. If there were a website which allowed agents to leave reviews about tenants, we would all find it easier to avoid such tenants.
By: Peter
Jan 28, 2014
We have no records of any such problems at any of our managed properties. We keep records of all maintenance matters very strictly. I can only assume this is a malicious comment from a competitor

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Hampshire Homes Office 1! To leave a new review of Hampshire Homes Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Hampshire Homes Office 1