Jun 11,2013
Jun 11,2013
Essex and Suffolk Lettings is an absolutely disgrace of a business. As a student in Colchester, I had rented a property for an eight month period and was, to say the least, appalled by the customer service I received. I honestly cannot understand how they are still in business.

First of all, £350 as a holding fee is simply a rip off. I was also pressurised to take the property quickly as there was apparently another potential tenant who was to see the properly straight after me who was very interested in renting it out. I now see that other people were told this too in order to pressurise them to quickly snap up the property.

I have had many problems while living at the flat, such as a heater not working and the front door not opening leaving me locked out of my own flat several times! Also, I was never given a key to the meter cupboard meaning I have not been able to get my meter reading. I have been in contact with the agency nonstop for over four months and still nothing! I had to pay a £300 estimated electric bill for three months. I now have the electric company pressuring me for the next high estimated bill and Essex and Suffolk Lettings are still doing nothing about getting me my meter reading even though I moved out a week ago! Being a student, I simply cannot afford to pay for Essex and Suffolk Letting's utter incompetence.

I have also had the agency charge an extra month of rent to my account. As I did not have enough in my account, my bank has charged me because of the estate agents mistake. The contract clearly stated I was only going to rent out the properly for an eight month period and yet they have decided to keep on charging my bank. I have also heard nothing about receiving my deposit back and if I do not received the full amount I will be extremely annoyed, seeing as the flat was filthy when I moved in! When viewing the flat, I was told the flat would be ¢â‚¬Ëœprofessionally cleaned'. What a load of nonsense that was.

I seriously discourage anyone from using Essex and Suffolk Lettings as a letting agency. A bunch on monkeys could do a better job!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Essex & Suffolk Lettings Office 1! To leave a new review of Essex & Suffolk Lettings Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Essex & Suffolk Lettings Office 1