Jun 11,2013
Jun 11,2013
Stay away from this letting agent! I wish I had known about this web-site earlier. A friend and I paid a 2-week holding deposit (£340 each) on a flat that was perfect for us on 26 March 2013. All correspondence with Jaz Broughton indicated that we were to commence tenancy as agreed on 31 May 2013: references were undertaken, she obtained our bank statements and proof of employment, and issued a contract which we were asked to sign when picking up the keys on the first day of tenancy. The agency fees were paid (£99 each) and as requested, three days before tenancy the deposit and first month rent were paid (£1020 + £736 each).

Three days before tenancy, Irfan Rafiq contacts us saying it is an emergency. Many missed phone calls and unanswered emails later he informs us that the flat needs some repairs and that we can move into another flat in the same building for the same rent. We tell him that we are happy to do this for one month on the written condition that we can then move to the flat we were supposed to have. My friend visits this other flat on the Friday morning to discover there is not even space for a desk in either of the rooms (I am a full-time PhD student) and there is no separate kitchen. More vague excuses from Irfan (he is at his brother\'s wedding on Saturday and then again on Monday?, but another agent tells us he\'ll be back in 45 minutes...) and we are finally told at 7pm on Friday, 31st May that the flat we were to have has already been let to a family member of the landlord\'s.

My own tenancy finished on the following Monday, and I now find myself homeless rather than paying for a flat that was forced on me.

On a concluding note, if you choose to use Nelsons despite all evidence on this page, double check the sums they ask for, I\'d be surprised if Jaz passed her GCSEs....
Jaz and Irfan

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Nelsons Clapham! To leave a new review of Nelsons Clapham, please click the link below !
Write a review for Nelsons Clapham