Jul 25,2010
Jul 25,2010
We used Ellisons in Wimbledon to put our terraced house on the market. They actively marketed it for 6 weeks and found one buyer. For over 9 months, the buyer did not give us the impression to be serious. We asked Ellisons to look for other buyers and they did not. After 9 months, the buyer pulled out for no reason and problems with bringing money from India (what the buyer said...). Our experience with them was very disappointing. Not only they negotiated our house with this not so serious buyer down by 15% but in the end, despite our repeated suspicions communicated to them, the buyer ended up not being serious. The response we got from Ellisons Wimbledon's branch manager (summer 2010) was one of arrogance. Avoid using them at all costs.
By: Andy
Oct 20, 2011
I feel that it is very good that other customers can read the reviews posted here. I have had exactly the same problems with ELLISONS myself. The complaints procedure is long and laborious. It took me two letters of formal complaint and two e-mails and well over a month to get any response from them at all.It is still on going now from September 2011.So even if people cant deal with the stress of continuing their complaint.It is good to know that they are decent people who will still take the time to warn others of such bad practice.

I had paid them £1200.00 up front for for the year and when the person moved out before then and they failed to get me a new tenant ( the tenant before had destroyed my property, but thats another story) I went with another agent who got me a tenant in no time at all. ELLISONS refused to pay me the six months which was owed.
I was referred to their terms and conditions.On the forth page two sentences say "any reimbursement of fees will be offset against a subsequent fee invoice when an new tenant is found". Basically if you don't continue to use us regardless of the level of service you received you will not be refunded. This is not explained to you or brought to your attention when handing over £1200.00 , surprise , surprise.
By: Andy
Oct 20, 2011

By: ellisons
Aug 23, 2010
Eric, firstly we at Ellisons feel disappointed that you feel the best method in which to show your disappointment at the aborted sale of you property, is through this source, as we firmly believe that we are not responsible for the sad outcome of the proposed sale of your property.

Secondly, we would like to draw your attention to several points which we feel contradict your comment on this site.

We did in fact have two buyers for your property who offered the same amount (which incidentally was higher than other valuations received on your property from our competitors). Together we agreed to proceed with the fore mentioned '

Ellisons Estate Agents