Jul 22,2010
Jul 22,2010
I have been a tenant of them for around 18months. I have had nothing but problems and am luckily able to move out in the next few weeks.

My boiler has broken twice in a matter of months, I was left not being able to shut my back door properly for nearly 3 weeks (and I do mean shut, not lock), phoning daily to report this. Only to be told by the "Senior Adminstrator" ( a 20 year old, young lady who seems to have no customer service skills and very few manners) that I had never reported it! She also added that if someone was to come into my property and take my belongings due to this, I would have to claim on my house insurance, she was unaware that this would be void in these circumstances. The smoke alarms are not the ones which are legally required, and the glass in the internal doors do not have the safety glass that is legally required. There was a gas safety check done when I first moved in, but has not been done since, and should be done every 12 months.

When I moved in the back yard and shed was full of rubbish which they told me they would remove, I got so sick of asking I paid for it to be removed myself in the end.

I was left with no electricity, after they assured me that an electrician would call me and arrange a time, but it would be after office hours, basically I could have been left with no electricity over night. Sure enough no electrician called or attended and I had to deal with the matter myself, by asking united utilities to attend, which as a tenant I should not have to do.

I advised them that I was going to take legal advice, only to be shocked by the "Senior Adminstrator," starting to shout at me and telling me she would not be sworn at. The word I used that apparently is a swear word is "adult".

I am now dreading the bill my guarantor will receive after I leave, I have not damaged the property in anyway, I am not in arrears so there should not be one. I would rather go to court and pay solicitors bills than pay them, thats what I intend to do.

I have asked on numerous occasions for a record of all payments I have made, and have been paid for me via housing benefit, this request is always ignored,

These people pray on low income families, allowing them to live in unsafe houses, and charging well over the odds when these families have no other choice available to them at the time. They keep their overheads low by employing people who seem to have no life, work or customer service experience judging by the way they speak to people.

I am so relieved that I am able to move house, and can't wait to see the back of Tame Estates and hope that anyone looking to rent from them will see these reviews and find a fairer landlord and safer house.
By: justice for tenants
Sep 09, 2010
Take action before you move out go to trading standards or welfare rights they will be able to help take pics of everything.
By: leanne
Aug 16, 2010
I could not agree more I have had nothin but problems and get the same responce off some jumped up office girl with a bad attitude, I have three young children and they are now threatenin to evict me because I made complaint after complaint and there basing it on the grounds of arrears but luckily I have reciepts that will hopefully go in my favour,but knowin my luck there probably not worth the paper there written on, once I move out I am informing trading standards they need closing down there a disgrace
By: jnclp
Jul 26, 2010
I totally agree, something should be done. I spoke to Tameside Housing Standards, who told me about this site and though gave advice I really want some action. Surely they can be prosecuted for not fitting the correct smoke alarms and renting a house out with a loft conversion not to building standards, a fire leaking poison etc etc.
By: determined
Jul 25, 2010
Same in my sons house, water got into cavity walls and made house damp, fire brigade threatened to condem house if tame did not remove old fire that was leaking carbon monoxide and fit new boiler, they did nothing so we eventually had to get enviromental health out to look at property then it still took them four months to do repairs my son and his two girls all had to sleep in same room the house was in such a bad state, we should all get together and take them to court!!
By: jnclp
Jul 25, 2010
It could be any house owned by Tame Estates! The house I'm leaving is supposedly being sold, It will need a complete rewire, the walls are crumbling, I am unable to put shelves up in any room, the boiler is on its way out again, its doing the same thing it was doing before they supposedly fixed it twice before, the bathroom is damp and rain seeps through the living room wall, all have been reported, nothing is ever done.
By: determined
Jul 24, 2010
I hope this rumour is true, the house you went to view sounds like the house my son rented from them for over four years nothing but trouble from day one, tank burst in loft and flooded house fusing all cieling lights and ruining all decorating he was without lights for 18mnths and had to set lead lamps up throughout, ceiling was bulging after burst and they have got the cheek to be taking me to court for damages stay well clear of these so called property agents, watch this space!!!!!!!
By: sheen770
Jul 23, 2010
I went to view a property thats for sale and have found out Tame own that. It was a wreck and the price is sky high it had badly fitted windows a leak in the bath room the kitchen ceiling is about to fall in due to this all lights in the house are strip lights... For the record I heard over a year ago they were selling properties to get the money back as they were on the brink of ruin it was a rumour but may now be the truth.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of te Lettings Office 1! To leave a new review of te Lettings Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for te Lettings Office 1