Jul 21,2010
Jul 21,2010
Dreadful experience with Haart Burnham. Kept us hanging on for a property to let right until 2 days before I completed on my property only for them to tell me the rental had fallen through. I knew the deal stank the first day we signed - demands on date to move in being a week earlier than my completion, wanting the money up front, delays in phone calls, never getting back to me when they said they would, kept saying everything would be fine and we would find out the next day and then the next day and on it went. Maybe they should check themselves and landlords as much as prospective tennants. They knew my situation yet kept us hanging on, it was only due to friends that we managed to find alternative rental in the two days between being let down and completion.
May 12, 2011
Well, it seems that there was a mistake on the bill. Accidentally overcharged by £24.00 for the part. Spoke to the guy who is supposed to be sorting it out and after I told him about it he claimed he had also spoken to him. (ok). Still no statement or explanation as to why the rent is being paid to us in bits and pieces.

On another subject with them, they say debit card payments by the tenant take 4 days to reach their account so they ask them to pay 4 days before it is due. However they then say that it can take 4 days to move from their account to my account with them. That's not to my bank account but my account with them. Can't for the life of me understand why this should be. As I have stated before we are friends with the tenants so the possibility to ask the tenants to pay us directly exists. I would then pay Haarts their commission.

Of course it would take a period of time for me to send it, but hey "That's life"
May 09, 2011
Well, just an update. I really want to find something to give me confidence with Haarts but I can't. Communication with them is terrible. Wife phoned the guy that is supposed to be dealing with our rental only to be told he would call her back. 2 hours passed and she phoned him back and managed to speak to him. With reference to above £96.00 payment. They use Haart approved tradesmen to do their work so there seems to be no questioning when it comes to pricing. Seems that as long as it comes to below £300 they would have just gone ahead and done it. We have now instructed them that they come to us before doing anything. Had cause to visit tenants who say electrician was there for 15 minutes. Money from our tenants is being drip fed in to our accounts with still no explanation as to why. Original agent we spoke to has apparently told tenants we are getting decorators in later on in the year. News to us!!!! We have not even mentioned it.
May 05, 2011
Whoops Just found out they have paid £100 of my £300 on having a light pull switch changed in the bathroom. The guy my wife spoke to said "well, you got call out charges etc" If he can't find someone to change a light pull switch cheaper than that then they will not be doing any of my management.
May 04, 2011
Only reading through these reviews as have just used Haart to manage our property. Our tenants moved in on 18th of last month and we have only today (4th) received a greatly reduced amount into our account with no (as yet) explanation as to how the figure is reached. We do not know whether a months partial rent was paid or a full month. If the latter is true then Houston we have big problems as we have received about £50 of a £950 pcm rent. The other concern is that I spoke to a branch local to the property (that I lived in at the time) and all of a sudden I am told that in future I will have to contact a property management company in a totally different area? This was NEVER mentioned to us at any point. Received today the tenants side of the contract telling us to contact a lady at the new (to us) property management company whilst the lady at the original office we dealt with tells us it's a man. Have we made a big mistake? Time will tell. We are friends with the tenants so we will be able to tell if they are receiving good service. Please don't let me down Haart. You have promised a lot and we are first time landlords and nervous.
By: JB
Aug 10, 2010
Waste of time. I think all the bad reviews and the review score for the agent speaks volumes. We ended up using another agent who has good reviews and they were excellent. Think the moral of this is check reviews and stick clear of poor performing agents such as Haart.
By: Customer Relations Manager
Aug 03, 2010

We have a formal complaints process that must be exhausted before a complainant can refer to the Ombudsman. As we proactively try to deal with complaints we offer you the opportunity to formalise your complaint in order to address the concerns you raise, and, where necessary prevent the same situation occuring again. I'll leave it with you.
By: JB
Aug 03, 2010
Internal "independent" investigation....hmmmm not sure that would really be worthwhile!!! What would it come up with? Nothing that would help me now nor compensation for the stress we were put through.
By: Ranj
Jul 23, 2010
Don't hold your breath for the investigation! I had an issue with their Milton Keynes branch and they 'investigated' it and basically told me I was lying (in so many words)!
By: Customer Relations Manager
Jul 22, 2010

I'm sorry to read that you have been unhappy with our Lettings divison. If you would llike us to investigate your complaint then please email the details to sharon.collins@spicerhaart.co.uk.

May I also advise that the branch in question is Maidenhead as Burnham do not handle Lettings.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Haart Office 25! To leave a new review of Haart Office 25, please click the link below !
Write a review for Haart Office 25