May 31,2013
May 31,2013
I have to say Moss properties have proved themselves to be the most incompetent and frankly inept letting agent. During the tenacy they have done nothing to address a range of issues encountered at the flat.

Firstly, when we moved in, one of the beds was broken. It took Moss over two months to supply a new bed frame, in the mean time, my flatmate slept on a matress on the floor.

Secondly, the smoke alarm was also out of order when we moved in. It took at least a month before anyone was sent out to fix it despite repeated conversations with the staff at Moss, in particular Gaynor and Natalia, as well as many of the others.

Following this, in October, both the microwave aspect of the built-in oven and the heater in one of the bedrooms broke. Although an electrician was sent out after 4 weeks, neither were fixed only "reported". Following a lot of pushing from us we managed to get another electrician sent out in January/February time and this happened again. It finally took until the end of March for the heater to be fixed. Temperatures in the room over the winter had reached an icy 8C. It was in my room and i occasionally slept in the kitchen so I could be warm. We move out tomorrow, the microwave is still broken.

Over the course of the tenancy the rent has been paid on time, the flat is in better condition than when we moved in and all issues have been reported. We have been given a range of excuses as to Moss Properties floundering perfomance including the landlord living abroad.

At every turn, any opportunity for Moss to charge us they have done, charging £125 to renew a contract that was identical to the one signed originally. I found a copy of this contract online for £10. When we moved in the letting agent refused to meet us at the property in Sheffield as paperwork had to be done in the office. Everything that was done that day could easily have been prepared beforehand and completed in the flat. Tomorrow, myslef and my flatmate are expected to go to Doncaster to hand over the keys. Moss properties have also charged us a £100 moving out fee, i don\'t see what theyre charging for as they havent done anything.

After speaking to several other tenants and the supervisor, Moss have treated them all the same.

I really doubt they are going to hand our deposits back easily.

I will never have anything to do with Moss Properties again and will actively discourage anyone i know who is considering lettting, buying or taking a tenancy with them.
Close down.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Moss Properties Doncaster! To leave a new review of Moss Properties Doncaster, please click the link below !
Write a review for Moss Properties Doncaster