May 31,2013
May 31,2013
Shambolic, incredulous, exasperated, dissatisfied¢â‚¬Â¦ words that should not still be associated with estate agents in this day and age, but William H Brown in Peterborough have managed to do so when trying to sell my property. To be a lesson for them to improve their poor customer service, and to warn potential sellers in the meantime, I have written this review.

Over the period of 3 months I had one viewing. If they provided good customer service you would expect that they would contact you to explore ways of attracting more viewings. This didn't happen and instead I had to contact them on more occasions than I'd expect and also deal with too many staff.

The Saturday before my contract ended I asked William H Brown to arrange an open day and advertise it in the local newspaper and on Right Move. I gave them over a week to arrange it and during that time I received no telephone call/email to confirm that everything was in place. When I called them a few days beforehand to check, I was gobsmacked to be told that the open day had already taken place and the sales person didn't seem overly bothered. When I asked them to re-arrange and re-advertise they could only do so in their branch and online but would not be able to advertise in the local paper. Also their definition of an open day is much like a normal viewing as people must register with the branch beforehand, so I only had one viewing.

Even after terminating the contract with William H Brown their incompetence amazed me by sending a letter 10 days later to confirm a change in the asking price as per an instruction that I never gave.

I've now switched to Crowland Homes, who, in the space of less than a month, have provided far better customer service than William H Brown managed for the duration of their contract (5 months). Evidence: 1) Not only is a 2D floor plan included but they also provide a 3D floor plan. 2) The photos were taken using a wide angle camera that better capture my property's qualities. 3) The sales particulars include space for a vendor's statement where I can describe the renovations to my home. 4) They have confirmed that they will be keeping me informed every couple of weeks.

My tips to vendors, confirm the level and standard of service that you will be provided before signing a contract. Don't be duped by the number of awards ¢â‚¬â€œ according to WHB\'s website these are mostly for financial services, whereas the last customer service award was bronze back in 2005.
My tips to William H Brown: take better photographs, be more proactive, contact your vendors more regularly with helpful advice, always confirm details before proceeding and train your staff to be more professional (taking ownership and responsibility).

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of William H Brown office-72! To leave a new review of William H Brown office-72, please click the link below !
Write a review for William H Brown office-72