Properties Glasgow - Infiniti Properties
May 31,2013
May 31,2013

I placed my flat with G1 Letting Ltd., also known as G1 Property Group, in February 2012. My initial dealings with the Letting Manager, were positive but as staff started to leave, first the Letting Manager followed by the Administrator in October 2012, things deteriorated drastically. This left me with Dylan Short.

From October 2012 Dylan Short: the Director, refused to answer specific request with regard to contracts and deposits, refused to answer emails, refused to answer phone calls, refused to answer voice mail and refused to respond to hand delivered letters, even when they were about his Breach of the Property Letting and Management Agreement. Both my tenant and myself have also been unable to gain access to their 221 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 2ND, office on a number of occasions. Is this any way to run a business?

When G1 started receiving my rental money direct from Glasgow City Council, payment to me was first delayed and then withheld for month after month, along with my tenant's rental top up payments. Accurate receipts were not issued to my tenant; sometime money was \'banked\' with no receipt being issued at all yet reference to these were made in emails. Statements that were issued in the beginning of the let were not accurate in their dates, money received and money owed. Regular monthly statements of accounts were not issued to me although requested. Is this an unreasonable request?

It was only when I managed to stop the rental money from being paid directly to G1 as my \'management agent\' that the true state of affairs came to light and could be proven. G1 led me to believe that my tenant was in arrears by large amounts but in reality it was G1 Letting who was withholding this money.

I managed to extricate my tenant and myself from this farce of a management contract, by February 2013. It took 4 months of persistence. In fairness, this was largely due to the help and efforts of the Letting Manager, (now working with G1 once again) that I managed to end this contract and recoup my rental monies and deposit. Dylan Short has never had the courtesy, manners, or common decency to acknowledge any of his mess and dishonestly whether to my face, by phone, letter or email. In my opinion, he is not trustworthy and not fit to run this business.

With the help, guidance and templates of the Scottish Association of Landlords (SAL) I have now taken over the running of my property myself. Relations between my tenant and myself are excellent with rental being paid on time, no non-payment and maintenance issues being dealt with promptly by myself.
It is heartening to see this platform where the Director of G1 Letting Ltd/ G1 Property Group: Mr. Dylan Short\'s true behaviour can be exposed. I hope this review will steer others clear of G1 and avoid others being duped as I have been. I wish I had known about this site before.

I note that G1 have started advertising around the city of Glasgow by placing placards on railing. They have also launched an amazing new website at the beginning of this year, which has now thankfully disappeared. Does this mean that G1 is no longer operating or is Mr. Dylan Short\'s Letting Company taking a temporary holiday?

My experience seems to be echoed by other, NEGATIVE!

Is there anyone else out there with the same experience?
Do not breach your own Property Letting and Management Agreement . Be open, honest and professional. Do not withhold rental money owed to the landlord. Do not pay with cheques that are returned unpaid. Keep and update records of payments made and received. Issue and date receipts. Issues accurate monthly statements. Communicate with both the tenant and landlord when requested to do so. Give access to your office, during normal office hours at least. Deal with deposits as Scottish law now dictates. Do not lie. Do not ignore request for information. Communicate when asked to do so.
By: Chap
Jun 05, 2013
I am in the same predicament at the moment, after months of chasing ( any response ) I have just received a letter today stating that " due to difficult trading conditions " the company is no longer able to trade.

This letter is clearly a generic letter that Dylan didn't even have the decency to sign himself.

I am now considering whether to try and take this to the small claims courts as I have lost several months rent.

Please avoid dealing with Dylan Short at all costs.

The last email is a mirror image of what has happened to me, although unfortunately I was unable to recoup my rent payments before the { lettings Manager left the business / again } not ideal although I can understand why.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of G1 Property Group Office 1! To leave a new review of G1 Property Group Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for G1 Property Group Office 1