Jul 15,2010
Jul 15,2010
There are a lot of negative stereotypes surrounding London real estate agents. Perhaps the most common one is of the eager/sleazy salesman trying to make a quick buck by selling anything he can, regardless of price or quality of the property.

Blake Stanley is not like that. Indeed, it is the exact opposite, but this doesn't mean it's a good agency. I found them inattentive, slow to get back to inquiries or e-mails and to book viewings. Also one of the agents was ambiguous at best, verbally agreeing to an offer made, but backtracking later once he got a higher offer.

My feeling in general was that if you're a young professional who is not on the top of the chain of renters or buyers (ie you don't have a wealthy parent who is financing your artistic pursuit/unrecognised musical talent by getting you a three-bed flat in bdway mkt) then you're not treated well there.

Their appeal is simply that they have some flats in what is considered a trendy area. But if you're willing to look in other areas aside from London Fields/bdway mkt, you're better off using another agency - contrary to overall public opinion, there are quite a few decent small real estate agencies out there.
By: jonny
Nov 17, 2011
I have to disagree. I have used BlakeStanley initially as a tenant, then as a buyer. On both counts I found them to be an excellent agency to find property through.

As the managing agent for the flat I rented, whenever there was a problem (eg the boiler broke over Christmas) it was attended to immediately. The staff were always polite and attentive. Granted it did take over a day for them to respond to my email enquiry, but when they called back a viewing was booked immediately and the whole process was handled very professionally. I believe that the area is very desirable, and with that in mind I offered the asking price which got me the flat. If you are not willing to do this then this is the wrong area for you to be looking for a place to live - you are right, you should be looking in other less trendy areas. You strike me as someone who is angry you didn't get the flat you wanted and are now taking it out on the agent (more often than not the right thing to do, but in this case you are wrong)

With regard to buying a flat, BlakeStanley was the third agent I had offered through to buy a flat in the area - I was gazumped the first two times I offered on two places through two other agents. With BlakeStanley, they were honest and straightforward, and I now live in the flat I bought on Broadway Market.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of BlakeStanley Broadway Market! To leave a new review of BlakeStanley Broadway Market, please click the link below !
Write a review for BlakeStanley Broadway Market