These people are crooks.
1) They did not secure my deposit and promised it as advance rent. They repeated this on other tenants.
2) Refused to return it to me and threatened a levy of £35 per correspondence when my tenancy ended.
3) The electricity and heating went out over Christmas. It was cold and dark!
4) The property was advertised as one that was to be cleaned weekly, but in reality was only cleaned once in two weeks or whenever there was a viewing.
5) They do not charge your utility bills properly and force one tenant to become the sole liable account holder for the gas bill. The gas is also disproportionate to the usage.
6) They detain whatever money they can from you without disclosing real charges.
7) They are not lawfully registered with the Ombudsmen schemes, so you cannot make complaints.
8) They have poor writing skills and make false excuses when explaining the reasons for their unlawful activity (e.g. the deposit must be secured for the entire house rather than the bedsit rented out to you, hence it is not possible to protect it)