May 28,2013
May 28,2013
I first used Streets Ahead in Crystal Palace when looking to purchase a flat. The agent I dealt with set up 5 viewings all over SE19 15 minutes apart. Before I got to the second viewing I was late for the next one. This was my first ever viewing of flats and didn\'t know better, it was impossible to keep these appointments.
We didn\'t find the flat we bought through SA but when we moved abroad used them to fully manage our property for us. They charge us 15% which was way above average and again in hindsight I should have shopped around but the other tenants in our block used them so it seemed easier.
From day one they were awful. Our property manager changed every few months, we were never informed and so kept waiting ages for people that no longer worked there to get back to me. They never returned a single call until the end (3 years) when I had to read the riot act to make sure someone called me back. Twice they were supposed to implement a rental increase and forgot so it took months and months to sort it out between new managers. When my tenants moved out they charged us for the inventory but then admitted they didn\'t do it. Awful, awful, awful. The worst customer service I have EVER encountered. We finally gave up and found a smaller company that actually knows who were are, does what we ask them to do and cares about their business. I am not alone in feeling like this, other people I know that use them feel the same. I cannot believe their high rating on here, perhaps it is not from people using their management service.
They could change how they do everything.
By: Hollie
May 29, 2013
Dear Fiona,

Firstly thank you for bringing this to our attention. Streets Ahead pride ourselves on excellent customer service and clearly on this occasion we have failed. I would like to apologise for the esperiences you have had and should you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me on hollie.hay@streetsahead.info.

Kind regards