May 21,2013
May 21,2013
This letting service is a waste of time. From the start they provided us with incorrect information and this carried on to the the end of the contract. They do not respond to any forms of communication promptly, however, e-mail seems to get a better response.

The property had a number of issues which we informed the letting agent as soon as the issue arose. However, we did not get a response until further e-mails we sent. Then we get charged for a problem which was not our fault.

Lack of information from them has been very distorted and useless. They do not seem professional at all and indulged tenants with information which is inappropriate. It would be highly recommended to avoid at all cost. (even the landlord was unhappy with they services).
Be better!
By: Steve
May 21, 2014
Potential Tenant, I think the lack of response from the tenant is deafening!
By: Potential Tenant
Jan 27, 2014
Definitely a lack of professionalism with this Letting Agent, this is a forum for Tenants and Landlords to express their opinion and views of the company, not to be slated. (Can understand the tenants comment of indulging too much inappropriate information). Would be interesting to hear the tenants response to the comments posted by the agency and landlord. It is clear from all the comments posted from Tenants that this particular company are Landlord orientated (this is where the money is at).
By: CT
Aug 16, 2013
Like Steve I was very disappointed to read this unfair and unjust review.. Being a first time landlord I admit this first rental was a steep learning curve. I had spent thousands on the property ensuring everything was compliant. However, to say my handy man was terrible is a little unfair, this was the first time he had let me down, he did eventually carry out the necessary work, as Steve pointed out I am to blame - not the agency, it is wrong to besmirch the agency on this point or any other.

Throughout the tenancy I have found the Steve to be very responsive and helpful, I believe there is one ex-tenant bent on being vindictive because she did not always get her own way, straight away. I felt there was nothing we could say or do right, in fact it was relief when the tenancy ended. I certainly would not provide her a reference for a future rental. Smith & Winborn are the consummate professional agency, I would not have chosen to enter into a new tenancy with them again if I thought otherwise. I hope this negative and incorrect review is removed ASAP, as the agency does not deserve this at all.
By: Steve
Jul 22, 2013
Having found out where this anonymous review was from, it is completely unfair and incorrect.

I would very much like to know what the incorrect information was as I am confident the information we provided was always accurate and correct. Reviewer, please inform me!

I believe this review was prompted as the tenant was asked to serve notice in accordance with the tenancy agreement they signed, which they did not want to do (this dialogue was on the day this review appeared). They seemed to find it irritating that we asked them to serve notice in writing in accordance with the terms of their contract. They were just trying to be lazy frankly.

Re the item they were charged for - this was for the removal of hair clips from the washing machine which blocked the filter. As it was logical to suggest the hair clips were theirs, the landlord was not willing to pay. So we had an invoice from the repair man, a landlord who would not pay, and tenants who denied the hair clips were theirs. In the end we managed to get both parties to agree to pay half the cost, which I would say was good management of the situation!! So this comment from the tenants was unfair.

There were a few issues at the property over the year and it is true to say the landlord was not always willing to have things fixed quickly, or with our tradesmen. She often used her own contacts that were frankly terrible and used them against our advice, but we can not control the purse strings of the landlord. This is why the landlord wasn't happy with us as we had to ask for repairs in the first place and we wanted to use our people as her people didn't fix things quickly (or at all). So to say this was our fault and to make this reference to the landlord, I would say is extremely unfair.

Girls, please do come back to me if you disagree

Steve (Smith)

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Smith & Winborn Office 1! To leave a new review of Smith & Winborn Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Smith & Winborn Office 1