May 19,2013
May 19,2013
I rented a flat through Guy Salmon Estates for approximately 2 years and unfortunately I cannot recommend them at all. They were slow at making repairs which ultimately resulted in a water leak causing significant damage to other flats and costs for the landlord. Even for minor repairs they had to be called almost on a daily basis to manage them.

It was generally a reason to celebrate if they showed up to agreed appointments. Even when I moved out, they failed to show up and I had to hand over my keys to the new tenant without the estate agent being present. During my entire stay, they never completed a move-in checklist (which I ended up doing myself!) and never checked the state of the flat when I moved out.

When I finally (!) left the flat, it was perhaps unsurprising that they never registered my deposit with a tenancy deposit scheme. Since my contract said that this was paid to the landlord, I eventually had to file legal charges against the landlord to receive my deposit. During those discussions it became clear that the landlord never actually received the deposit, meaning they had to pay it out of their own pocket.

In summary, I can only recommend to stay as far away from this estate agent as possible. Certainly as a tenant, and (from what I have heard) also as a landlord!
By: Still very poor
Jun 21, 2013
Dear Guy Salmon Estates,

Based on my past experience, I believe it would be a pointless waste of (my!) time to discuss my case with you again. As far as I am concerned this is now settled and I will not rent through your company again and certainly will never recommend you to anyone else.

But perhaps you can explain something to me (and every other visitor to this site): You say that you "always register the deposit or have your landlord register this". Either your so called "client manager" is completely useless, or doesn't actually exist. Just read the comments that have been posted on this website since mine. It strongly suggests that you generally do not register deposits and continue to use the same delay tactics you used when I was an unfortunate customer. I am AMAZED that you can say that "this situation is very rare" and "no such issues have been reported".
By: Customer Service
May 23, 2013
Dear Customer (Very poor), We have read your review and are very disappointed to learn of your experience. It is very difficult for us to determine who you are from your name and you haven't selected the staff member that you dealt with. As a management agency we always register the deposit or have your landlord register this. This situation seems to be very rare and I have checked with our client manager and no such issues have been reported. I would be grateful if you could e-mail us on with your full name and contact details so we can investigate this further. Kind Regards Customer Services

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Guy Salmon Estates Canary Wharf! To leave a new review of Guy Salmon Estates Canary Wharf, please click the link below !
Write a review for Guy Salmon Estates Canary Wharf