May 17,2013
May 17,2013
We found the service from homes4u stressful and on many occasions we felt that we were being treated unfairly because we were first time buyers. We were not given an outline of what our tenancy included (we were told that Internet was included in our tenancy, it wasn\'t). Members of our group were constantly phoned and were threatened with loosing the house, even when they were only waiting for a down payment off of 1 person, out of 9. I was told to pipe down by shazia when I came into sign the paperwork, because I had told we were getting Internet included, when I found out we were not, I wasn\'t best pleased.
As students, who have very limited available funds as it is found that homes4u were extremely unhelpful when it came to paying for the house, ringing us up and demanding large payments of money to be paid by the end of the day or they\'ll put the house back on the market. We were charge £125 each agency fee (non refundable). This means we had paid £1,125 before the house was even ours. May I suggest you introduce a method of smaller monthly payments for students because we can\'t afford to pay such huge sums of money on the spot.
We dealt with the homes4u in withington, we live two minutes walk away from the branch on Oxford road. Homes4u would not simply fax over the contracts to our local branch, instead made us walk 45 minutes to their branch.
As this is our time renting a house I found that the service was stressful and unhelpful. I would not use homes4u again.
Shazia told me to pipe down when I walked into the shop after previously having a disagreement over the phone Donna was not our agent, yet we were still always being contacted by her. She also accused members of the group of not completing the tasks they asked us to. She claimed to have no idea who shazia was after being told that it had been sorted through her.
By: Ann Durrell
May 30, 2013
Hi, Thank you for your review and I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with the service you received as we take customer service very seriously.

Until all payments are made and the tenancy agreements signed by the whole group, the property is not secured for you, both the landlords and the prospective tenants can 'pull out' of the let at any time. We there fore do have timescales for payments to be made and for the tenancy paperwork to be completed. This timescales are explained both in branch and on our website I believe that during the process of your group wishing to take the property 1 person dropped out who you later found a replacement for.

We send our tenancy documents to be electronically signed via BT-Esign, standing orders/direct debits cannot be signed in this way.

I would be happy to discuss the matters you have raised, please contact me on 0161 448 4808 or

Ann Durrell
Operations Executive

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of homes4u ltd Withington! To leave a new review of homes4u ltd Withington, please click the link below !
Write a review for homes4u ltd Withington