May 17,2013
May 17,2013
I was moving back to the UK for after travelling, I rented a flat from philip james pretty much as soon as I got back. I requested that a modem that was coming from my new ISP be delivered to them as I didn\'t have a permanent address to send it to (I work from home thus being so important). I called the central manchester office and spoke to the office manager at the time (I think his name was Rob), and was met with pure arrogance and rudeness for even suggesting such a thing. I finally convinced them to hold the package (about the size of an A5 piece of paper) until I was in the area 2 days later.

I arrived at the property to find it unclean, appliances broken, bulbs missing, carpets smelly and dirty from the shower leaking and a few days later when it rained the hallway flooded. 4 days later someone came around to look at the issues, obviously I don\'t want to live in filth so I had done the cleaning myself. It took 9 weeks for most of it to be fixed after repeated calls, I had no floor in hallway for about 5 weeks. When they finally came to fit the floor after even more calls it was done in about 2 hours which makes it even worse. The carpet was never replaced and I was not offered any form of compensation for the disruption.

The rest of the stay was ok until I had to leave early due to moving to the US for studies. When we told them we were leaving early it was arranged, I signed the keys back and then 2 weeks later when I sent in my final bills I was told that I should not have cancelled my bills until someone else moved in. This was new information to me so I tried to rectify it. In the mean time I was sent a letter telling me that there would be a bill for cleaning and missing lightbulbs! Thankfully I documented everything when I arrived at the property and disputed the claims. They agreed to waver the fees. 5 months later after having to work with the various companies to pay the remaining fees I finally got my deposit back. However, this time with an mystery \'rent arrears fee\' added on! I emailed them over a week ago and still not heard anything back.

In short, they are so unorganised it hurts. I feel like sending an invoice for all of the time wasted with them. All for just a 6 month stay. Anyone who dares rent with them need to watch their back and document everything.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Philip James Partnership Manchester! To leave a new review of Philip James Partnership Manchester, please click the link below !
Write a review for Philip James Partnership Manchester