May 16,2013
May 16,2013
Had a terrible experience with Townends with zero satisfaction and I will never ever recommend this agency to any of my known ones. I really want to tell here how much i suffered with them with each and every stage of their process.

Initial Deposit:
First I got a very walm welcome to view the houses and they took real care to arrange the viewings but all those customer care ended after I paid the inital deposit.
It all started with the initial deposit,they asked me to fill the form along with my card details after I confirmed the house.They charge additional fee for credit card so I told the agent that I want to pay through debit card but at that time I had only my credit card so i told her that i will give the card details later. But she asked me to give my credit card details and promised me that she will not deduct the money from the credit card as it is only for formality and later I can give the debit card details. To my surprise they charged my credit card for the initial deposit so I called the manager to revert the transaction but after too many emails and calls she called me and said that the transaction cannot be reverted once it is made and she never cared to apologize for that.

Reference Checks:
I called the townends Manager to check the status. She told me that the application is in reference check process and she gave me some 0845 number to call the reference check agency to follow up with that. If I have to follow up with the third party agency why would I pay agent fee for townends. Finally I followed up with the third party and that is one another big headache and finished that process myself.

Move In:
The worst ever move-in I made in my lifetime. Again I got a warm welcome in the townends office to collect the house keys. After collecting the keys I went to the new home and found the following surprises.
1. The landlord sorting out his things in the house on my move in date.
2. I told several times to Townends that house has to be professionally cleaned before i move in and they confirmed that it is done. But the house was very dirty especially the kitchen,they never cared to even remove the old stuff from the freezer, the cookers and the washing machine were horrible. I called townends to inform this and they told me that due to bank holiday they can\'t do anything till 3 days.Due to this situation in the kitchen we had to eat outside and do laundries outside. But thats not the end of story. After 3 days I called again to townends to check when the cleaning will be done but they didn\'t return my calls and i have to visit their office personally and the response I got is very weird. She told me that I have to contact the landlord directly for maintenance issues.This is the move in issue and not the maintenance issue and moreover why do they charge such a big amount as a agent fee if i have to deal with landlord directly.I called the landlord directly and to my surprise he told me that the agent never told him that the house has to be professionally cleaned. Then I found out that this agency is not at all reliable and I dealt with the landlord directly to do the cleaning.

With all this issues and troubles faced with this agent, I got one email from their manager saying that \'hope you sorted the things with landlord directly\'.

I paid only half the amount of what townends charge as agent fee to campsie during my last tenancy but the service that I got from campsie is far far far better and best than the townends.

Worst customer satisfaction ever seen.
Agency should have checked the house before we move in to see if everything is fine.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Townends Sunbury on Thames Branch! To leave a new review of Townends Sunbury on Thames Branch, please click the link below !
Write a review for Townends Sunbury on Thames Branch