May 12,2013
May 12,2013
2nd offer was put forward and then the agent Rita did not respond as promised and when we called she had left the office. Eventually we went to asking price and offer was accepted. Property was left on the market despite our request for it to be withdrawn. Agent still failed to withdraw after providing requested details. Agent also failed to issue memorandum of sales and actively pursued a 2nd purchaser behind our backs and used initial date request as an excuse and distraction and means to delay. Mr J Sellick then influenced his client to change their mind and we were dropped for the higher bidder. I would be very wary in buying a property for this agent as even when offering full asking price and we had no chain we were guzumped. They were very rude, arrogant and very aggressive with total disregard for anyone other than their client. They did not want us to buy this house. I would question the integrity and morals of this agent. The house is now marked as SSTC with higher purchaser. Driven by greed and profilt. This is what gives estate agents a bad reputation. They cannot be trusted.
They could have acted with integrity and respect to all members in the chain. They should have issued formal sales memorandum. They should not operate with hidden agendas. Buying a home is stressful but dealing with these agents caused undue anxiety and worry and could have cost us thousands on route to exchange. A lucky escape.
By: Kirsty Hall, Admin Manager
Nov 21, 2013
Apologies for the delayed response, however we have only just come across site. Thank you for your comments.

Although you have not mentioned your name, the circumstances of your complaint are known to us. It is difficult for me to comment in a pub forum as this matter is still progressing, however, I would add the following general points:

We act as agent and not as principal. Our Clients were made aware of all the circumstances in an open and equitable way, and we were acting upon their instructions in the matter. I would like to point out specifically that greed had no part in their decision, as neither they nor we will derive any financial benefit from their choice of buyer; for your information, I have made our Clients aware of your comments.

Should you feel that you would like to take this matter further we would welcome the opportunity of receiving a complaint through conventional channels, and if you remain unsatisfied with our response I would be happy to refer you our governing body The Office of Fair Trading who now have jurisdiction over such matters.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of James Sellicks Estate Agents & Lettings Ltd Office 1! To leave a new review of James Sellicks Estate Agents & Lettings Ltd Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for James Sellicks Estate Agents & Lettings Ltd Office 1