May 09,2013
May 09,2013
I am a non resident landlord having given up a beautiful home in absolutely perfect condition to the rental market. Ludlow\'s promised the world in terms of a managed service and well vetted tenants before we left and for that we paid a handsome fee of 12% UP FRONT which amounted to over £8000 (Don\'t expect to see much of your first six months rent) Before we left, the problems had already begun...there was no proactive service, we were constantly leading and instructing them on where, who or what to do. The contracts were for the wrong length of time and we were strong armed into a three year lease against our will. Our names were misspelled on the contracts, We had tax withheld when we had been efficient and sent Ludlow\'s the required tax forms a month before the lease began. A bathroom extractor fan broke and Ludlow\'s charged us £468+vat to simply replace it. Recently a neighbour made us aware of several domestic abuse issues at the property where the police and ambulance service was called, I am led to believe that one of the tenants contacted Ludlow\'s to try and resolve the issues to no avail. Ludlow\'s did not contact me or make me aware about these issues. The same neighbour then contacted me to let me know that both sets of my conservatory and rear lounge doors had been ripped of their hinges and were lying in the yard. They had been like this for 2 weeks with solid oak floors open to the elements. The doors had been ripped off by one tenant coming to clear the house as the other had left with all the keys. Not a word from Ludlow\'s and when I asked them to investigate, they said they would investigate by having a contractor go in and get a report the next day. No emergency, no local agent to pop\'s managed from the Midlands and I have to wait for due process and an external contractor. The report came back...broken doors, broken tap, heavy crayon on the walls, human faeces smeared on the walls and carpet and general abuse and filth throughout the property. Ludlow\'s would now like to know how I would like to proceed?? I am 10 000KM away, helpless and emotional and the experts in rental properties with years of experience who have charged me £8000 up front for a fully managed service want me to guide them to the next step?? Also now that all of this has happened, all of the sneaky clauses in the contract make some sense. I suggest any prospective tenant, landlord, buyer or seller get legal advice on their contract before they sign it. Trust me, a few hundred £ is far better than the £000s I am going to get screwed over for here. If any legals or landlords in a similar position I would appreciate comment as I plan to go legal on this (Sue Ludlow\'s for a refund and lay charged and sue/evict tenants) which will include the flight I am buying as well as accommodation I will need to come and sort this mess out as I have no faith in Ludlow\'s.
Been more honest, more attentive for the substantial sum of money charged, realised they have cost me money, emotional distress, hardship and offer me a full refund as a token of good faith. This will probably save them the legal fees chasing the tenants for non paid rent and all of the expenses I plan to sue for once I have flown over and sorted this mess out! Heaven knows what I woudl have done if I had a job and could not afford the time!!
May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave the above feedback.

We are very sorry to hear that you are not happy with the service provided by

We would just like to advise that a senior memeber of the team is currently investiagting the issues which you have rasied and they will be in touch very shortly.

Kind regards

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of ludlowthompson Wimbledon! To leave a new review of ludlowthompson Wimbledon, please click the link below !
Write a review for ludlowthompson Wimbledon

43-45 Wimbledon Hill Road Wimbledon, London