May 06,2013
May 06,2013
When I asked if this is really the best option for me the agent became irritated and arrogant and asked me who I am to question his professionalism and local knowledge, and I\'m making a big mistake by not thrusting him. I asked him to take me back to the centre instead but he told me that I already wasted too much of his time and is late from a viewing with a "decent" applicant and drove away. Not a pleasant experience when you just start looking for a home in a new country. At the end I went online and found a beautiful house within my budget with the help of another agent just across the road and living happily there now with my family.
I came to the UK with my family and was looking to rent in Wimbledon because of the school of our nation here. Looking around the High Street I noticed the numerous awards in the window of Winchester White so I decided to go with them - what a bad idea it turned to be. My friends who already lived here before told me that a 2.2 thousand GBP budget is suitable for a three-four bedroom house in the area and I thought it is a decent amount of money to pay for rent. I was asked if I\'ve seen many properties before. When I said that I just arrived and started looking, I was very quickly told that I was misinformed and my friend must have lived here several years ago, and rental prices went up in the last few years. Not knowing the market I believed it and I went on to view a few properties with them all of them was 3-3.5 thousand GBP and the agent kept telling me that I won\'t find any cheaper for what I want and these houses are very popular and I need to make a decision quickly or I\'m risking missing out and have to pay even more at the end. At this point it became suspicious that I\'m being tricked into making a rush decision and to spend a lot more than I wanted. When I asked if this is really the best option for me the agent became irritated and arrogant and asked me who I am to question his professionalism and local knowledge, and I\'m making a big mistake by not thrusting him. I asked him to take me back to the centre instead but he told me that I already wasted too much of his time and is late from a viewing with a \"decent\" applicant and drove away. Not a pleasant experience when you just start looking for a home in a new country. At the end I went online and found a beautiful house within my budget with the help of another agent just across the road and living happily there now with my family.
Attached Files