May 03,2013
May 03,2013
These people are rude, vile and unhelpful, I cant believe they lasted so long in business..and I will certainly do my homework next time before I rent.. just wish I had seen this site before...
We rented through chimneys for 11 months and our Landlord was Richard Cowan.. They were OK in the beginning but after a few phone calls they quickly became rude and unhelpful.. we experienced genuine issues with the property that the landlord needed to put right ranging from chronic damp problems in my 2 year old sons room, to buckled and twisted window frames that wouldn\'t close, through to central heating problems.
Regarding the damp which was slowly turning the walls black and making the rooms smell we were told that we shouldn\'t be closing the windows in a house with double glazing and bricked up chimneys! I couldn\'t believe what I was hearing did chimneys seriously expect us to keep the windows open in a house in the middle of December and what about the safety issues of leaving upstairs windows open with a two year old boy around who is just learning to climb. unbelievable!!
And when the pipes started banging so loudly day and night and sometimes lasting for hours at a time keeping us all awake, we were told that we would have to pay for the plumber ourselves!!! disgusting service.!!!.
The best bit however came towards the end of our tenancy..and despite the problems with the house and a totally unjustified rent increase we decided we would renew our tenancy because I was looking for a new job and needed a bit more time, and the house was then convenient for us..
We were filling in the paperwork and liaising with John at Chimneys regarding our tenancy renewal and all was going fine when all of a sudden after a phone call between my wife and Rachel Sweeney in which my wife was taking no nonsense and demanded that she send a plumber to fix the persistent banging from the water pipes Rachel Sweeney slammed the phone down and the very next day we received a letter in the post saying the landlord has decided against renewing our tenancy, despite having never met us and knowing nothing about us.
We always payed the rent on time, every time and took our responsibility\'s seriously as tenants.. so what possible reason could the landlord have to evict us.. Could Rachel Sweeney of intervened in our tenancy renewal process, turning an indifferent landlord against us in order to exact revenge for being verbally kicked into touch by my wife during a phone call???????????? ..Well just read the rest of the reviews on here and you tell me!!!!!!..

RIP chimneys of Wantage -2013

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Chimneys Lettings & Property Management Office 2! To leave a new review of Chimneys Lettings & Property Management Office 2, please click the link below !
Write a review for Chimneys Lettings & Property Management Office 2