1. Choices\' pre-sale quoted market value of each property was ~£35k in excess of local valuations, exacerbated by the £250k stamp duty cliff edge.
2. When a client is owed a refund by Choices, for any reason, it takes too long and too much effort to get it, although they have always eventually honoured the refund. This needlessly damages the Choices brand and is easily remedied.
3. There have been some difficulties in attempted purchases of other properties, such as the vendor withdrawing and properties being surveyed as unsuitable securities for mortgages. Whilst Choices has always (eventually) refunded their fee which is taken up front, I have been substantially out of pocket because of nugatory legal fees and travel expenses.
1. The price I paid for each property in SS3 was still ~£22k less than local valuations.
2. Choices arranged a fully managed letting service with a good local agent at only 8% + VAT.
3. Finding good tenants in SS3 was as easy as forecast by Steve Cubitt.
4. There have been some difficulties in attempted purchases of other properties, such as the vendor withdrawing and properties being surveyed as unsuitable securities for mortgages. Steve Cubitt was aware of my nugatory expenses in these failures and was willing to negotiate a fee reduction for a subsequent purchase.
5. Overall, Choices is an honourable company and I am content to remain as one of their retained clients for future business.