Apr 30,2013
Apr 30,2013
What an embarrassment. Our landlord is currently using Amber&Co to let out our property as we are leaving at the end of the month. They have been inconsiderate and poor at communicating from the start.

The first time they visited, they let themselves in at 9am on a Saturday and showed 4 people around our flat whilst we were asleep - we were unaware that they were coming. I only found out about this when my housemates told me afterwards. After asking them to give us notice on multiple occasions, they continued to turn up without notice, letting themselves in. Since, there have been two occasions where they have told us about viewings that would happen later that day, but we have had plans and had to ask them to cancel them. They then went on to tell the landlord we were being difficult and not allowing them access, which is not true at all. I made it perfectly clear that they are welcome anytime, it would just be nice to know the day before that they were coming so we could fit around it.

I called them to confront them about this as, our landlord approached us. When I told the person on the phone about them showing people around whilst I was asleep, he laughed at me down the phone, and continued to do so before saying I needed to be more flexible in the month to moving out. I explained that we all have medical school exams in the next 4 weeks, and that we are happy to have people around at any point, but organised study sessions at our house which unfortunately coincided with the appointments they did give us notice for (incredibly short notice, at that).

When trying to find out about appointment timings etc, they have said they would find out and call back, but haven\'t on multiple occasions. I don\'t think it is unreasonable to expect an email/text/call at least the day before an appointment. Of course, you can try to call and visit the same day and most of the time it would be fine, but if it isn\'t, don\'t complain to the landlord \'they\'re not allowing access to the property\'.

I wouldn\'t consider giving anyone in this office an ounce of responsibility. They have no consideration for even the simplest of tasks.
Showed some professionalism.
By: Management
May 03, 2013
Amber & Co operate a policy of notifying existing tenants of our intended visit the DAY BEFORE.
Some Agents use the term 24 hours notice, but unfortunately now and again we come across tenants who insist on PRECISELY TWENTY FOUR HOURS notice.

The tenants who wrote this review (Ken & Paul) were upset because although our agency informed them the DAY BEFORE of our intended visit, we only actually gave them 23 hours and 27 mins notice, not the full 24 hours...

The young man in question took it upon himself to prove his point regarding the 24 hours notice clause... Some people are naturally fussy.

If we inform you at 3pm on Wednesday that we will be visiting the flat at 2pm on Thursday, then you the tenant have been given sufficient time to be made aware of our intended visit.

Most comprehensive adults will know that 3pm - 2pm (the next day) equates to 23 hours but the average human being will also accept that 23 hours is ample notification of an intended viewing.

I find it highly irregular that this complaint was posted by the tenants on the same day that we complained to the landlord that the tenants had BLOCKED our agency from viewing this property on two separate occasions.

The words "Tit For Tat" spring to mind...

Amber & Co Ltd

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Amber & Co Office 1! To leave a new review of Amber & Co Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Amber & Co Office 1