Apr 20,2013
By: 'Disgusted form St Helens'
Apr 20,2013
I write this review on behalf of my friend.

My friend took a house in St Helens that was for rent through Newgate. The property looked in an ok state when first viewed, a new carpet downstairs etc. After a few years within this contract I have to say that she feels extremely let down by Newgate and Sue Eden in particular. My friend has asked for so many jobs to be looked at with the smallest possible amount done and to date only one complete. The jobs that have been done I forsee them turning into a very big concern for the landlords to deal with at a later date.

My friend has been into hospital many times over the last few years and this situation hasn\'t helped at all.

I would never suggest this agents to landlords or future tenants to use Newgate as they dont fulfill any promises.
By: Alan leather
Mar 08, 2018
LANDLORDS AND TENANTS BE WARNED! I'm very suspicious of the ONE positive review this company has had, and it's from a LANDLORD, without reassurance from LANDLORDS, they would have no business. However, ALL LANDLORDS should look a lot further into this company because my partners time as a tennant was an absolute nightmare, i can relate to all of the poor victims, and yes, I said victims, who use this company. Because that's what their tenants are! A Home should be your sanctuary and with this company it is anything but, it's highly stressful, constantly chasing for jobs to be done, a week without a flushing main toilet so guests have to use the on-suite toilet, stains all over the carpets which were not so cleverly covered by furniture, damp, which later caused mold, go so bad we had the Council out ouselves, getting hold of sue is impossible, sure she's lovely on the phone, but her ability to function is next to zero. The council concluded the damp and mild was caused by insufficient ventilation so we rather had to have the windows open constantly so it was freeze or buy a dehumidifier which really shouldn't be an outlay for a tenant if it's a building flaw. And they cost a fortune to run. Her complaints where never answered in a timely fashion and resolved (if at all) literally took months. I would NOT RECOMMEND TO MY WORST ENEMY.

Please take my words, and the testimonies of many other tenants over that ONE VERY SUSPITIOUS positive comment.

Newgate Property Services