Apr 29,2013
Apr 29,2013
Having found my perfect flat along with my boyfriend we hurriedly went to the office to make an offer and hand over £500 to the \'nice man\' in order to secure our offer. When our offer unfortunately fell through, (it seems the estate agents had been more concerned with taking our money than doing some research in to whether it would be possible or not for us to move in to our new home) we where promised a refund within 3-5 working days. At first I was not stressed as I believed the money would be returned within the time specified and my boyfriend and I focused our efforts on finding another flat. After extensive searching, we found the perfect place to live, in many ways better than the first flat, although slightly more expensive - we made the offer, filled in the forms. However, the money which we are relying on to pay our rent on the new flat has not been sent. LAURISTONS STILL HAVE KEPT HOLD OF OUR £500 POUNDS!!! 2 weeks later their extremely now rude manager (he was not so rude when he was taking our money) now gets shirty with us on the phone when we dare ask where our money is. I feel truly let down and ripped off, as we are now A) £500 down AND B) we don\'t have a place to move in.
By: Matthew Payne
May 14, 2013
It is regrettable that the landlord chose to reject the offer you made on the property, albeit lauristons made every effort to encourage him to do so based on the facts presented, but we cannot be held responsible for this decision. Lauristons have not kept the £500 holding deposit that you placed on the property, it has been refunded to you prior to you leaving this feedback, albeit I appreciate it may have not cleared back into your account at the time of writing. I acknowledge that there was a delay between the 23rd April and 26th in processing the refund for which I apologise. As a gesture of goodwill, I will offer you a 50% discount from our adminstration fees should you find another property to rent through Lauristons.
Matthew Payne
Lettings Director
By: Benjamin Fuller
May 02, 2013
Please accept my apologies, we experienced a procedure breakdown causing a delay in the return of the holding deposit. I can confirm this has now been processed and paid back - it was never our intention to keep the deposit.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Lauristons Battersea! To leave a new review of Lauristons Battersea, please click the link below !
Write a review for Lauristons Battersea