Apr 25,2013
Apr 25,2013
Midland letting and sales are a very rude agency to deal with. They reschedule appointments made with us an hour before the appointment is due to start. Also, when my rent was due, rather than getting a phone call or polite email to remind me, I was simply sent an email saying \'I need your rent now\'. Whilst our landlord is really lovely, the letting agents did nothing about the slug infestation, they refuse to help when we pointed out that one of our housemates was in breach of his contract, and are generally unhelpful. They advertise student houses with low rent costs, but waste time by showing you houses with too many or too few rooms for the number of tenants, as well as adding in extra costs after the initial holding fee has been paid. Don\'t use them.
They are rude, inconsistent and unreliable. If they could change all of those things I would use them again.
By: Ros
Nov 20, 2013
Dear Ross,
RE housemate in breach of contract: this was not because we had fallen out with our housemate, it was because he had breached three pear are parts of the contract and we alerted Midland Letting who ignored it.
RE slug infestation: we reported this problem, and nothing was done about it. The letting agents did nothing, and the landlord did nothing. So my comment is still valid.
RE rent payment: I was not behind on my rent. I was due to pay rent when my student finance came through. I paid as soon as it came through, but still got a rude email as stated above.
RE extra costs of renting: I was not given any breakdown of costs until after I had paid the holding fee.

Throughout my dealings with Midland Letting and Sales I have found staff to be rude and condescending, slow to respond to problems and unhelpful when they did respond. At the end of my tenancy, I went away on holiday for two weeks, and so did not have access to my emails. In this time I received four emails and three voicemail messages, each getting more frustrated because I had not replied. The email was regarding the repayment of my deposit. I understand that it was an important matter, however surely the person trying to contact me could have realised I was away, and simply contacted my guarantor a bit quicker.
By: Ross
Nov 19, 2013
I am sorry that you found the need to write a review.

When you have fallen out with someone you live with, it is difficult for us to get involved. We do have to stay impartial given your disagreement was between you and your friend.

We make every effort to ensure that scheduled appointments happen. We call all clients first thing to confirm who we will be meeting. If we intend to show you a property that already has tenants in it and they cancel an hour before the actual time then we will call you to infirm you of this. This cannot be helped and is surely this is good practice. May I say if we didnt call you then that would have been a point to write about.

It is unfortunate that you had to inform us of a problem, for example the slug infestation. When you inform us we have to call the landlord as it is the landlords property. When we do this the landlord either deals with it or we are asked to deal with it. In this instance the landlord dealt with it as you have written. I cannot see the point you are making as the landlord dealt with the issue.

Before you secure a property we provide a written breakdown of what you pay to rent a property. If after your circumstances change, you view other properties and you then take a different property to what you initially viewed with a different rent, then sadly the amount you pay will always be different. But again you will have a written breakdown of what you pay before you decide to secure a property.

Sadly if you did fall behind with your rent, it is your responsibility to tell us that you cannot pay when you are required to. Asking for you to pay your rent now is no different to any organisation asking you to pay a bill when it is in arrears.

I would be happy to discuss the content of your email further, please get in touch with me at the head office. Ross

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Midland Letting and Sales Office 1! To leave a new review of Midland Letting and Sales Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Midland Letting and Sales Office 1