Apr 25,2013
Apr 25,2013
Black and white were incredibly rude to us and made us fight to get our deposit back. When we saw the property the carpet needed changing and gate needed fixing, there was no inventory, so I did one myself. Because the work didn\'t get done we decided to pull out of the contract, only my partner had signed it. I was looking after our recently born premature baby at the time. I still showed a prospective tentant around the next day. Then Chris one of the staff members asked for the keys back, I asked him for my money, he said he just needed to do an inventory to check everything was ok, I reminded him one wasn\'t done and we didn\'t actually move into the property. I agreed to give him the keys on the promise I would get my deposit plus the months rent back, but that didn\'t happen and I had to keep phoning them to find out what was going on. On one occasion Chris told me to stop phoning every 10 mins, they kept fobbing me off saying it would be transferred by the end of the day or they needed to check with the landlord (a very dodgy man called Duncan Philips-he took £300 off my deposit, no receipt, he said was to \'cover his costs\'!). this went on for 2 weeks and it was only when I saw this forum that I realised what I was dealing with, so I went to their offices last Saturday and left a message stating that if I didn\'t receive my money by Mon I would be seeking legal action. My money was transferred that sat afternoon along with a rude email telling me to stop contacting the staff over this matter! I kick myself for not being more clued up on things and have lost about £600. But to the other people who are having problems, DO seek legal advice via Shelter website and CAB, or by going to the county courts in CMK, they will tell u how much it costs to take them to county court and you can usually claim the money back and the tenants usually win!!! There are also legal letters on these sites you can use to get the ball rolling! But don\'t take their crap, DONT let them get away with this!!! We as tenants have rights too!!!!!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Black & White Estate Agents Milton Keynes! To leave a new review of Black & White Estate Agents Milton Keynes, please click the link below !
Write a review for Black & White Estate Agents Milton Keynes