Apr 24,2013
Apr 24,2013
WORST ESTATE AGENTS EVER, WOULD NOT RECOMMEND.

These people are the Ryan Air of Estate Agents. They make the process more difficult than needed, and leave a thoroughly unpleasant taste in the mouth. They have sucked all the joy out, even at the very last point as I was getting the keys, they were too lazy to call me, claiming to be busy, and in the end, when I went to the office, they were stood around talking football. Cliche.

They are slow to respond, arrogant in communications, rude over the phone, and in most instances they don\'t have the answers to questions.

The seller had made the choice to use them, so I had no options. But I thought that would be fine, as David Doyles have the majority of properties in the area, so I assumed that they would be friendly and knowledgeable. How very wrong I was.

The agents who show you round the properties are just there to let you in. They have NO info on things that matter, like council tax, service charges, age of building, seller\'s profile, nothing. They don\'t even have information to hand which is already readily available online on in their own paperwork.

I have viewed a huge number of properties with different agents in this area, as well as North London and Milton Keynes, and I can say with confidence that DD agents are a total joke. They should be ashamed of themselves. If I provided that level of service withing my own business I would be fired immediately. It is a truly astonishing level of bad customer service.

As for the office, well, not much better. I was consistantly made to feel as if I am bothering them whenever I call, which was not very often. They were notoriously difficult to get hold off. The receptionist was rude and arrogant, and I must have had a call back once in every 10 times I tried. They were consistantly defensive, and spent a lot of time making excuses for issues which they thought I was complaining about, but all I actually wanted was to get some info and move the sale forward. But, as mentioned, they don\'t actually have any knowledge or info, so maybe they are trained to waste time talking about nonsense instead of things that mattered.

After a few months of the sale dragging out I started getting frustrated, but rather than complain, I started suggesting ways they could help, in a way I was trying to manage them, as they were not managing themselves. This did not help either. Whilst they were agreeing with my proposals, and thanking me for the advise, they would not act on it, and as per normal, would not call me back. It was a farce. A really comedy, Faulty Towers, Del and Rodney farce, filled with excuses and voicemails and the rudest cast members ever.

Many people in my office are sharing the same experience as me, and not one has shared a positive story about them. Many have said that they ended up moving away from David Doyle for their sale.

Regardless, David Doyle still seem to have the majority of sales in the area, so I can only assume that they are doing something right for some people. But nobody has recommended them to me. Which is strange.

I guess all I can really say is that they were the worst estate agent that I personally dealt with, and that I would not recommend them. Other reviews seem to agree, but the sheet huge size of their business might suggest otherwise.

Good luck with whomever you decide to use. I just wish David Doyle and I never cross paths ever ever ever again.

And can I add, this feedback website has been a great catharsis, what a relief to be able to get my experience out to the wider public.

Thanks for reading.
Your agents need to know the basics of each property they show around. In fact, your job is to know more than the basics, so get a grip and start doing some homework. A 5 minute read of the facts before arriving at the viewing is NOT too much to ask. Sort it out. Your office needs to be more responsive. You have one job to do, sell properties, and you have telephones and mobile phones. No body is so busy, or should be so arrogant, that they cannot extend common courtesy to those who pay for their services. This is the UK and we expect a basic level of service, if not more. Get it right. Do unto others as you would expect to be done to you. Arrogance and rudeness...Sort it out. Being an estate agent does not mean you need to have these characteristics. Can I advise you go undercover, pretend to be a buyer, and see how all the other estate agents in Hemel area do it. You will be surprised and may be inspired to change your ways. Finally, if you cannot take my suggestions on board, I advise you to shut your office down immediately and do us all a favour. The world would be a better place indeed.
By: David Doyle Estate Agents
Sep 13, 2016
Thank you for your feedback - we are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience of your house purchase. Although of course our responsibility is to our client, as the vendor, we do always want the buyers to have a positive experience of their purchase too. I note that your review is some years old now, and do hope that any of the issues you raised were not the general experience received by our clients at that time- it is certainly not the experience that our existing staff would deliver. I do hope that if you choose to sell, or buy again in the area, you would allow us the opportunity to change your previous opinion. Very best, DD

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of David Doyle Estate Agents Office 2! To leave a new review of David Doyle Estate Agents Office 2, please click the link below !
Write a review for David Doyle Estate Agents Office 2