Apr 24,2013
Apr 24,2013
Without doubt the worst customer service I have ever experienced from any company/service provider.
Paid for a credit check to be done before moving in as is standard practice. This was not completed. I know this as I have checked my credit report which shows searches for insurance etc since moving in but no search from Martin & Co. so as far as I am concerned fraudulently took money.
Completed the \'inventory\' while previous owners (now our landlord) was still living in the property. So this did not pick up on how filthy the entire house is. On moving in we have taken over 150 photo of damage/ issues not listed. Here is a brief breakdown of some of the things not listed but we fear we will be blamed for .
No gas or electrical safety certificates issued. Smoke alarms hanging off the ceiling & not working. Black soot all over the carpets in every room, presumably from burning incense and spilling it. Every wall in the property is covered in spills & smears, blocked drains, light bulbs missing or not working. The curtain rail had been pulled off the wall in the dining room, pile of drilled wall dust in the conservatory where they had installed a tv cable and not cleared up. Melted electrical light fittings in the kitchen. Lights blew on the landing & in one of the bedrooms. It took over 2 months to send someone round to fix the problem which was a blown transformer.
Appointments made then no-one turns up. In our contract we will be charged a fee for failure to keep appointments.
The worst is all the court demands and bailiffs letters we receive for the landlord. The bailiffs showed up at the door for unpaid gas & electricity going back 2 yrs 6 mth (£1300) even when we showed them our tenancy agreement they went ahead and took out the meters and replaced them with pre-payment card meters. Any amount we now put on to this meter goes toward our own energy use and paying off the landlords £1300 debt.
We phoned Martin & Co while this was going on & they replied there is nothing they can do about it. Which is the same reply we have had each time we have raised any of the issues mentioned above as well as others.
We are now in discussion with our solicitor about suing Martin & Co and the landlords.
Acted on our concerns & issues. Answered the phone when we call. I think out mobile numbers are now known and purposely not answered.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Martin & Co Office 177! To leave a new review of Martin & Co Office 177, please click the link below !
Write a review for Martin & Co Office 177