Apr 24,2013
Apr 24,2013
I have been trying to get a flat for a while, and once I found it, the bad news was I needed to buy the flat through Ashby Lowery. The whole process of offers were doggy, and after a long wait, I had my offer accepted yesterday at 128.000 for the flat, which as nice as it is, it should not exceed the 125,000. I was talking to the solicitor today when I got a phone call from Amanda apologising about the bad news she is going to tell me. An offer from the ¢â‚¬Å“other¢â‚¬Â person was put in and the vendor accepted it, and guess what, the amount when I tried to ask if I can increase my offer was way over 135,000!!!! Now, out of courtesy, if the vendor accepted my offer and someone else comes, well in half a day(compared to the long wait), they should of contacted me to see if I'm crazy enough to buy a flat worth 125,000 for over 135,000 or not, because I HAVE THE RIGHT TOO. And if someone can explain why on earth anyone would put an offer exceed mine by a mile, while he can get it cheaper? I believe its doggy; I would appreciate any guidance on local complaint through the agency and at higher level. I'm thinking to use facebook and contact BBC for help too. I will be looking for other flat but I will never leave someone took my right to rest without a fight. Appalling and disgraceful, I thought she was a nice lady. May be they are helpful, but obviously not when it crosses their benefit. A full explanation and prove of genuine sale is requested. Will never use it again.
By: Esuriboy
May 07, 2013
I am the buyer at £135,000. If I think something is worth more that the asking price and I'm prepared to pay a figure then the decision is mine and mine alone. Ashby's have a duty to the vendor to advise of all offers especially when NO contracts have been drawn up or signed. If I had been the vendor and not been told about an increased offer by the agent I would have been furious. I think this used to be called 'Gazumping' and its quite legal to do so.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Ashby Lowery Residential Office 1! To leave a new review of Ashby Lowery Residential Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Ashby Lowery Residential Office 1